Director of Accounting & Business Services
Job no: 492519
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: FTCC – Schriever
Categories: Accounting, Finance and Budget
Department: Finance & Administration
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Administrative/Staff
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the maintenance of the College’s accounting records and system to ensure conformity with
generally accepted accounting practices and federal, state and management rules and regulations. Accountable
for ensuring that internal controls (policies and procedures) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the
College’s assets are protected.
• Responsible for the College’s business services and operations to include budget preparation and control,
accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, travel, and property control.
• Recommend financial practices and procedures to more effectively and efficiently operate the College.
• Oversee and manage the College’s Business Office.
• Responsible for the preparation of the annual fiscal report, quarterly reports, and other reports as requested.
Coordinates work relating to audits in the review of financial records and responsible for the implementation of
agree upon recommendations resulting from audit findings.
• Responsible for the compilation of the annual College budget request.
• Coordinate the collection, safekeeping, deposit and accounting of funds accruing to the College from all sources.
Responsible for reconciling all funds received in the student registration system to the College’s accounting
• Direct student and third-party billing and collection. Analyze and review all account receivables and develop
collection procedures. Reconcile student accounts receivable records to the accounting records. Recommend
the write-off of uncollectible receivables.
• Direct the timely disbursement of student financial aid awards in compliance with federal regulations and for
monitoring the distribution of all student financial aid checks.
• Responsible for posting and reconciling the accounting records for each financial transaction incurred on behalf of
• Responsible for preparing and distributing monthly departmental and grant financial reports. Analyze reports and
report any issues or concerns to management.
• Advise staff of purchasing procedures and review purchase requests to insure that adequate funds are available
• Responsible for reconciling accounting records to payroll records. Responsible for coordinating the reporting and
forwarding of monies due to other organizations on behalf of employees.
• Attend, participate and assist in the coordination of College functions.
• Perform other related duties as directed by management.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business with 4 years professional level accounting experience.
Preferred Experience: CPA. Experience in higher education accounting. Knowledge of student financial
administration and/or Banner financials experience
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend