Adjunct Faculty: Education Instructor
Job no: 493669
Work type: Faculty - Part Time
Location: Lafayette, LA
Categories: Academic Affairs, Liberal Arts
Department: Academic & Student Affairs
Sub department: Liberal Arts
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Adjunct
Salary: $2,400 - $2,500 per three credit course (determined by highest degree earned)
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide competent classroom and laboratory instruction in the area of credentialed expertise.
• Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
• Evaluate the progress of students in all classes according to institutional, divisional, departmental, and individual criteria.
• Prepare or assist in the preparation of materials used in academic administration when requested, including course syllabi, program outlines, and catalog material.
• Participate in scheduled in-service activities.
• Provide academic and career advice to students and promote student leadership and enrichment experiences.
• Continue as competent instructor in the chosen specialty by seeking new knowledge, improving teaching skills, and updating professional competencies.
• Ability to teach a student body diverse in age, ethnicity, and academic skills
• Standard duties expected of all faculties include development and evaluation of curricula, maintaining scheduled office hours, attending department and division meetings, pursuing professional growth activities, and performing other duties consistent with the role of an instructor.
•Minimum of a Master’s degree in Education or a Master’s degree with 18 graduate semester hours in Education.
•K-12 Teaching experience
•Demonstrated expertise in the subject area is required.
•Demonstrate excellent oral & written communication skills.
•Ph.D. in Education
•Experience teaching Education courses at the Community College level.
•Experience and demonstrated success in teaching Education.
•Experience with classroom technology.
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
SLCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Louisiana is a Model Employer for People with Disabilities.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend