One-Stop Center Coordinator
Job no: 492378
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: SLCC – New Iberia
Categories: Workforce Development & Education
Department: Academic & Student Affairs
Sub department: Academic Initiatives
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Administrative/Staff (Grant Funded)
Salary: $42,226 - $53,642
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operates as a member of the One-Stop Center Leadership Team to set policy and procedures for operation of the Center according to local and state regulations as well as WIOA requirements.
• Attends statewide meetings and other outreach in the community and communicate with training providers.
• Interprets federal, state and local policies, rules and regulations governing Workforce Development Services and provides guidance to partner agencies on adherence.
• Reviews contracts for training including scholarships and employee-based training. Ensures accuracy and content and determines approval for funding.
• Publicizes the WIOA program through speaking engagements at local organizations and through in-house presentations.
• Posts transactions to financial tracking spreadsheet.
• Participates in the negotiation of classroom training contracts, modifies contracts and revises budgets as necessary.
• Monitors contracts’ budget and reviews and approves invoices for payment.
• Develops best practice methods and procedures for implementing programs.
• Researches and prepares necessary reports.
• Maintains contact with other agencies that can provide assistance to program participants.
• Researches and prepares reports on various programs to be submitted locally and to the state.
• Procures equipment and services needed to facilitate operations and training.
• Presents training to participants when necessary.
• Monitors participant case files for documentation, accuracy, and appropriate services to program participants.
• Creates and manages case files of WIOA participants.
• Adheres to applicable federal, state, and local laws, policies, and regulations in order to meet public workforce recruitment and contractual performance goals.
• Predictable and reliable attendance is required in order to provide consistency and continuity of business and educational services.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Supervises One-Stop Operations staff functionally as well as teams under direct supervision and perform human resource functions for all staff, including timesheets, evaluations, disciplinary action, leave requests and other duties.
• Conducts staff supervisory meetings to review and consult on difficult cases.
• Designs and implements staff training of HiRE, and other processes and procedures.
• Ensures appropriate staff coverage for all work activities and functions of the American Job Center.
• Oversees daily work activities of staff and ensure staffs are fulfilling all required work activities.
• Reviews participant files to ensure proper documentation and client needs are being met.
• Provides continuous knowledge to staff on up-to-date information on available services and products of the American Job Center.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree
• 3 to 5 years of related experience.
• Personal computer literacy required, including effective use of the Internet
• A high proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) required with the ability to learn and efficiently utilize various case management software programs
• Demonstrated knowledge of general laws and administrative policies governing workforce development programs
• Thorough knowledge of operational systems and management principles
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships
• Ability to meet and/or exceed set goals and objectives
• Excellent interpersonal, time management, customer service, organizational skills and communication skills, both oral and written required
• All applicants must be able to work occasional over-time and weekend hours
Required Licenses or Certifications: Active, unencumbered driver's license
Preferred Education: Master's degree
• 3 to 5 years of experience in workforce development, candidate screening, and project management.
• 2 to 4 years of supervisory experience.
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend