Adjunct Instructor - Sterile Processing
Job no: 492518
Work type: Faculty - Part Time
Location: SOWELA – Morgan Smith/ Jennings
Categories: Allied Health, Academic Affairs, Nursing
Department: Academic Affairs
Sub department: School of Nursing & Allied Health
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Adjunct
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Cooperates with other agencies to promote technical and community college education.
• Adheres to all applicable Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) policies.
• Adheres to policies and procedures contained in the SOWELA Technical Community College (STCC) Instructor’s Manual.
• Submits all required reports in a timely manner.
• Maintains accurate grade and attendance records.
• Adheres to all laws pertaining to disclosure of student records.
• Demonstrates and encourages professional growth and improvement.
• Demonstrates appropriate work ethic (attendance, cooperation, etc.).
• Utilizes the approved curriculum.
• Develops clearly-stated course objectives and learning outcomes.
• Responsible for student completion, placement, and retention rates ensuring that they meet accrediting agencies standards.
• Responsible for providing training in the competencies essential to success in the occupation including attitudes, job knowledge, and skills.
• Organizes instruction in classrooms, and laboratories as evidenced by course outlines, lesson plans, competency tests, and instructional materials such as textbooks, instruction sheets, and audiovisuals.
• Provides sufficient practice with equipment in order to develop skill proficiency.
• Ensures the objectives and content of the courses taught are current.
• Maintains individual student progress data and ensures this is a part of the student’s permanent record.
• Maintains current standard reference books, periodicals, and manuals of a business, professional, technical, and industrial nature to facilitate the educational program objectives.
• Maintains a healthful, safe, and secure classroom/lab environment.
• Posts emergency evacuation routes in case of natural or other disasters.
• Requests adequate equipment and supplies to support the program.
• Ensures all instructional equipment and supplies meet safety standards.
• Ensures tests and other means of assessing the achievement of student are sufficiently accurate.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Follows recommended practices or industry standards ie. Healthcare Sterile Processing Association (HSPA), AORN, or Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD)
• Three years of applicable experience, either in the operating room scrub role or as an instructor in surgical technology, or a combination of both, or an operating room Nurse (LPN or RN) or supervisory role in central supply processing within the past five years.
• Licensed/ certified as a sterile processing technologist.
• Teaching experience is preferred.
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend