Lead Learning Coach (Tutor)
Job no: 492374
Work type: Staff Part-Time
Location: Abbeville, LA, Crowley, LA, Franklin, LA, Lafayette, LA, Morgan City, LA, New Iberia, LA, Opelousas, LA, St. Martinville, LA, Ville Platte, LA
Categories: Student Affairs
Department: Academic & Student Affairs
Sub department: Student Success Center
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Tutor
Salary: $10.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide learning assistance to students and learning coaches in courses designated by the Assistant Director of Academic Success.
• Learning sessions may be held at the Academic Success Center, virtually, or an on-campus location designated by the Assistant Director of Academic Success.
• Maintain accurate records of learning sessions.
• Assist in scheduling appointments.
• Serve as a role model for all students seeking academic assistance.
• Promote and Market the Academic Success Center throughout the college.
• Be punctual for all scheduled learning sessions.
• Predictable and reliable attendance is required in order to provide consistency and continuity of educational services.
• Monitor opening-and closing-day procedures.
• Manage of schedules and routines for learning coaches, volunteers and students.
• Leads all orientation meetings.
• Provide assistance to learning coaches.
• Prepare supplemental materials.
• Helps procure and organize teaching materials and supplies.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned.
• Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
• Improve communication & interpersonal skills
• Ability to think quickly under pressure
• Higher order thinking skills
• Increased ability to manage learning & study strategies
• Subject-specific knowledge & understanding
• Stress & time management skills
• Managerial skills
At least 2 years of undergraduate study (must attach a copy of transcripts)
• Must have earned a B or higher in the subject(s) to work in.
• Must have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate study.
• Tutoring and/or teaching experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Associate or advanced degree
• Strong managerial skills
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of course content
• Interest in working with and assisting fellow students
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work as a part of a team
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Ability to be empathetic to students having academic difficulties
• Sensitivity to student diversity
• Outstanding customer and computer skills
• Willingness to assist distance education students
• Knowledge of campus resources, services, policies & procedures
• Participate in professional development activities
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend