AVP, Information Technology
Title: AVP, Information Technology
Job no: 493731
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Categories: Information Technology, Staff
Hiring Range: $88,332 - $110,416
This position will be open until filled.
Position location: This position is eligible for hybrid work. The incumbent will require some duties to be completed on-campus. (This information is subject to change).
Job Summary: Responsible for the College-wide strategic technology direction and technology investment. Directs the strategic design, acquisition, management, and implementation of a College-wide enterprise technologies, systems, software's and oversees the data center operations and classroom technologies implementations. Maintains information technology standards, procedures, documentation and policies for HACC. Directs the activities necessary to keep the 24/7 data center operational along with both collegewide and campus technology infrastructure running seamlessly, efficiently, and effectively while ensuring compliance with established standards and policies. Develops, prepares, manages and administers the departmental operating and capital budget in excess of $1M. Performs risk assessment, analysis and makes recommendations to mitigate high/medium level risks. Performs return on investment (RIO) and feasibility analysis and recommends/purchases strategic enterprise technologies.
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years experience, including 2 years supervisory experience or other equivalent combination of experience and education.
Hiring Range: $88,332 - $110,416
Preferred Qualifications: Higher education experience
Job Specific Task List:
- 30% - Provide technical and project management for enterprise IT initiatives. Design and maintain a 24/7 operational plan for collegewide data centers. Design and oversee operations of enterprise data backup solution used to secure mission critical files. Oversee the maintenance, management, installation, troubleshooting and repair of network infrastructure servers, switches, routers, firewalls, data security systems, wireless systems, telecommunications equipment, video-over-IP, visualization architecture and SAN. Assures documentation for all network components are current. - (Standard)
- 30% - Perform strategic planning for college wide enterprise architectures, maintain data center operations, participate in policy development, and design and integrate emerging technologies. Participate in senior management discussions which impact software delivery methods, disaster recovery planning, business continuity planning, college wide policy and regulatory development such as PCI, FERPA, and HIPPA compliance regulations. Perform risk analysis and risk management. Perform return on investment (ROI) and feasibility analysis. Develop, track and administer $1M technology budget - (Standard)
- 10% - Develop and oversee effective disaster recovery policies and standards to align with enterprise business continuity management program goals. Coordinate the development of implementation plans and procedures to ensure that business-critical services are recovered in the event of a security event. Provide direction, support and in-house consulting in these areas. - (Standard)
- 5% - Establish, implement, manage and maintain the internal and web based College-wide E-mail service, external communications systems and staff. - (Standard)
- 5% - Develop, implement and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security program to ensure that the integrity, confidentiality and availability of information is owned, controlled or processed by the organization. Provide technical and project management for IT initiatives and standards for the network infrastructure. Direct and develop a security plan. Protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of HACC's data, intellectual property and technology infrastructure. Provide strategic risk guidance for IT projects, including the evaluation and recommendation of technical controls. Coordinate information security projects with resources from the IT organization and business unit teams. Create and manage unified and flexible control framework to integrate and normalize the wide variety and ever-changing requirements resulting from global laws, standards and regulations. Liaise among the information security team and corporate compliance, audit, legal and HR management teams as required. Define and facilitate the information security risk assessment process, including the reporting and oversight of treatment efforts to address findings. - (Standard)
- 5% - Serves as primary Systems Services representative with outside vendors in the procurement process for College-wide Information Technology software and hardware; serves as Systems Services representative for internal and external Information Technology audits. Collaborate with both internal and external departments and partners to convey strategic technology strategy. - (Standard)
- 5% - Participates in the design and implementation of the College-wide technology infrastructure that is modern, cost-effective, requires the lowest possible cost of ongoing operations, and aligns with the technology strategy of HACC. Participates in the development of and is responsible for the administration of the College-wide Information technology policies and procedures governing HACC's information technology and its information systems. - (Standard)
- 5% - Implements College policy, procedures and standard operating processes regarding technology and data security. Directs the patch installation and upgrades in timely manner with advanced notice to users and performed during off-peak hours unless of an emergency nature. Directs the Systems services staff to troubleshoot issues with network systems, contact appropriate stakeholders/vendors, as needed, to resolve issues. Identify and implement technology trends and platforms. Communicate HACC's technology strategy to staff, faculty and other stakeholders. - (Standard)
- 5% - Research new technology and advances with current technology and make purchasing recommendations. Establish appropriate monitoring mechanisms for key mission critical systems. Adhere to software licensing rules. Provides off hours support for systems issues and scheduled maintenance. - (Standard)
- % - Oversees a department or function and provides leadership and direction Oversees implementation and maintenance of network, telecommunication and infrastructure hardware/software Perform risk analysis and return on investment (ROI) analysis Develop and maintain strategic technology and 24/7 data center operational plans Develop and maintain business continuity and disaster recovery plan Manages projects and assesses their effectiveness Develops programs to accomplish necessary objectives Supervises employees and assigns work Develops, enhances and sustains procedures, processes and systems, including checklists and forms. - (Essential)
- Other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values: A Circle of Caring
Caring by Creating Our Future Together
- We work together to shape and build our preferred future.
- We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation.
- We set high goals and strive to achieve them.
- We strive to provide exceptional service to all who help shape our future.
Caring for Each Other
- We are gateways to student success and opportunity.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and equity-mindedness in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We are growth-minded, believing that each of us is capable of learning, developing and growing to support our mission.
Caring by Doing What is Right
- We are honest and hold each other and ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communications.
- We are transparent about our decisions as individuals and teams.
- We embrace broad engagement in the shared governance process.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend