Vice President, Finance
Title: Vice President, Finance
Job no: 493784
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Categories: Administration, Finance
Hiring Range: $150, 000 - $200,000
This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: Provides expertise and executive leadership for the strategic direction and oversight of all financial affairs in support of the College mission
and strategic goals.
Master's Degree and 8 years experience, including 5 years supervisory/management experience.
Licensing Requirements: Valid driver's license.
Hiring Range: $150, 000 - $200,000
Job Specific Task List:
- Plan, develop, implement, maintain, and evaluate strategic planning initiatives; serve as the chief financial officer to the president and Board of Trustees, including providing leadership and direction necessary to ensure sound fiscal management and investments, including preparation of financial data, budgets, and reports as required by the sponsors, Board of Trustees, HACC Foundation, and state, federal, and other agencies.
- Serve as Treasurer of the College's HACC Foundation and chief administrator to the Board of Trustees Buildings and Grounds and Finance Committees as it relates to the financial health of the College, as well as construction, real estate, and sustainability matters.
- Participate in executive meetings with boards, external and potential partners, the president, and donors to assist in making legislative and regulatory decisions that guide the business process for the college; direct the development and implementation of long-range and operational financial plans to support the mission and goals of the College, ensuring that the College's financial policies and procedures are in legal compliance through audit review.
- Provide critical leadership and direction necessary to ensure the maintenance of cost-effective administrative and business support services including procurement and business services, insurance, construction and real estate, and facilities management; responsible for the purchase, upkeep and improvements of the College's physical plant, construction and real estate.
- Provide critical leadership in developing, formulating, implementing, and assessing progress on the College's strategic plan; initiate, interpret, and administer policies and procedures for fiscal affairs, auxiliary services and other areas of responsibilities; conduct studies to improve the operational effectiveness of the College, particularly its business systems and processes; institute and monitor appropriate internal control procedures.
- Provide coordination of legal services for the College; serve on a variety of committees and task forces and make appropriate recommendations to the President.
- Supervise staff to include: prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff are trained; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; maintains a healthy and safe working environment; makes hiring, termination, and disciplinary decisions. Serve as a member of the President's Cabinet and attend meetings, as requested.
- Supports College activities and special events through attendance and/or participation; travel to all campuses and to the external College community is required; presentations and public speaking required; serves as an active and positive representative of the College.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values: A Circle of Caring
Caring by Creating Our Future Together
- We work together to shape and build our preferred future.
- We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation.
- We set high goals and strive to achieve them.
- We strive to provide exceptional service to all who help shape our future.
Caring for Each Other
- We are gateways to student success and opportunity.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and equity-mindedness in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- >We are growth-minded, believing that each of us is capable of learning, developing and growing to support our mission.
Caring by Doing What is Right
- We are honest and hold each other and ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communications.
- We are transparent about our decisions as individuals and teams.
- We embrace broad engagement in the shared governance process.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend