12 month - Faculty, Information Science (tenure track)
Title: 12 month - Faculty, Information Science (tenure track)
Job no: 493720
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Hiring Range: no less than $52,225
This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: Responsible for instruction, reference, and collection development as part of a team. Will collaborate with other library staff to provide exceptional service to students and employees. Will also serve as a liaison to an academic department, providing collection and instruction expertise. This position is based at Harrisburg, but may work at other campuses. This position should understand the implementation of Open Educational Resources (OER) and occasionally support faculty colleagues as necessary.
Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA-accredited college or university
At least two years of documented experience teaching in the field
Familiar with the definition and implementation of OERs
Ability to work a flexible schedule that will include evening and weekend coverage
Licensing Requirements: Please note that all teaching faculty are required to comply with PA Act 15. You will need to present completed clearances and training certificates at the time of hire. Please visit https://www.hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm (and scroll to PA Act 15 Clearances) for more information.
Hiring Range:no less than $52,225
Job Specific Task List:
- Prepares, teaches, and assesses library instruction; this responsibility includes but is not limited to specific classes, workshops, and orientation sessions. - (Standard)
- Collaborates with faculty to develop appropriate instruction for individual courses in all modalities, synchronous and asynchronous. - (Standard)
- Assists in the development of the library collections to support the curriculum. - (Standard)
- Support the College's OER initiatives . - (Standard)
- Understand open licensing and able to provide recommendations as necessary on fair use and copyright. - (Standard)
- Provides library services to assigned liaison areas and members of the college community in support of faculty initiatives, administrative planning, and special projects. - (Standard)
- Serves on college committees requiring faculty representation. - (Standard)
- Participates in continuing professional development. - (Standard)
- Provide high quality and consistent academic instruction to students. - (Essential)
- Provide high quality academic support and advising to students. - (Essential)
- Strive for the qualities delineated in the criteria for faculty evaluation used by the college. - (Essential)
- Be thoroughly familiar and comply with all college policies and procedures. - (Essential)
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. - (Essential)
- Work in a professional, collegial, and team-oriented manner. - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values: A Circle of Caring
Caring by Creating Our Future Together
- We work together to shape and build our preferred future.
- We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation.
- We set high goals and strive to achieve them.
- We strive to provide exceptional service to all who help shape our future.
Caring for Each Other
- We are gateways to student success and opportunity.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and equity-mindedness in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We are growth-minded, believing that each of us is capable of learning, developing and growing to support our mission.
Caring by Doing What is Right
- We are honest and hold each other and ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communications.
- We are transparent about our decisions as individuals and teams.
- We embrace broad engagement in the shared governance process.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend