Program Director, Medical Laboratory Technician
Title: Program Director, Medical Laboratory Technician
Job no: 493396
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Hiring Range: $57,400 - $70,338
This position will remain open until filled.
This position will report the Harrisburg, PA Campus
Job Summary: A faculty member responsible for campus oversight of the Program curriculum and operations. The Program Director is responsible for all aspects of the program, including the management, administration, continuous review and analysis, planning, development, and general effectiveness of the program at that campus. The Program Director will receive a minimum of 40% overall administrative release time for the academic year to perform the administrative responsibilities to oversee the program on at his/her campus. The Program Director is expected to teach the remaining 60% of the time. Teaching assignments may include any MLT course including lectures and labs for Clinical Chemistry, Hematology and Coagulation, Urinalysis and Body Fluids, Microbiology, Immunohematology, Immunology and Molecular Biology, Introduction to the Lab, and Phlebotomy.
The program must have a NAACLS approved medical laboratory professional serving as program director who meets the following qualifications and executes all required responsibilities.
a. has an earned master’s or doctoral degree;
b. holds ASCP‐BOC or ASCPi-BOC generalist certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist/Medical Technologist.
c. has three years of teaching experience;
d. has knowledge of education methods and administration as well as current NAACLS accreditation procedures and certification
Licensing Requirements: ASCP‐BOC or ASCPi-BOC generalist certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist/Medical Technologist.
Please note that all teaching faculty are required to comply with PA Act 15. You will need to present completed clearances and training certificates at the time of hire. Please visit https://www.hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm(and scroll to PA Act 15 Clearances) for more information.
Hiring Range: $57,400 - $70,338
Preferred Qualifications: Community College experience
Experience with accreditation standards, annual reports, and accreditation surveys.
Experience using Learning Management System(s)
Job Specific Task List:
- Illustrative only - not inclusive of every task assigned to a position. - (Standard)
- Provides oversight for the daily operations of the program. - (Standard)
- Provide guidance and leadership for the FT and adjunct faculty (Harrisburg campus only). - (Standard)
- Work in collaboration with Department Chair on the following: o Recruitment of clinical agencies o Recruitment of adjunct faculty o Clinical assignment of agencies o Clinical assignment of faculty o Research campus outcomes, and develop plan for remediation o Perform classroom and/or clinical observations as needed. o Verify continuing education for faculty - (Standard)
- Work with Academic Dean to prepare class schedules and staff faculty accordingly. - (Standard)
- Order course material and works in coordination with the campus bookstores. - (Standard)
- Work with Academic Dean in the on-boarding, observation, and evaluation of adjunct faculty. - (Standard)
- Participate in the budget process including planning and capital requests, manages operational budget and day to day transfers. - (Standard)
- Support student success and responds to and works to resolve student issues. o Attend marketing events and open houses. Participates in college and community service activities. o Conduct program orientations. o Maintain appropriate student records as required by the college, accrediting, licensure and registry agencies. o Handle complaints regarding the program. o Handle disciplinary actions with students. o Oversee campus-based celebration ceremonies. o Reviews admissions documentation for clearance to the program. - (Standard)
- Represent “the face of HACC” through involvement with community projects. - (Standard)
- Represent “the face of HACC” and maintain open communication with all clinical agencies utilized by the college. - (Standard)
- Prepares and provides instruction for given course load. - (Essential)
- Supervises employees and assigns work. - (Essential)
- Manages operational budget and day to day transfers for program. - (Essential)
- Oversees a department or function and provides leadership and direction. - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend