This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: This position works with subject matter experts to enhance credit and non-credit College offerings for internal and external stakeholders to best meet the goals of the College. This position will support offerings across a variety of modalities, including onsite, blended, online, and synchronous video delivery, through the use of workshops, trainings, and individual consultation. This position works under the supervision of the Director, Center for Design and Instruction to promote a learner-focused culture that emphasizes best practices in instructional design and effective use of technology for teaching and learning throughout the College, including accessible and inclusive design principles.
Position location(s): Position will be hybrid to include on-campus (Harrisburg) and some remote work. This is subject to change.
Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in a related field. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential duties of the job.
Hiring Range: $48,182 - $60,227
Job Specific Task List:
1. Work with subject matter experts and partners to curate, design, and develop high-quality learning objects, OER, animations, graphics, frameworks and themes for HACC courses, and curate, administer, and oversee shared learning object and activity repository.
2. Develop, administer, and oversee instructional design and teaching technologies workshops and trainings in accordance with curricula and offerings portfolio, including internal delivery-specific certification mechanisms, instructional design principles, teaching and learning technology, and accessibility, among others, for internal and external stakeholders.
3. Collaborate with CITE coordinator, academic deans, the Director, Center for Design & Instruction, and other stakeholders to establish current & future training needs that support the success of faculty and learners.
4. Research and investigate new and upcoming educational technologies, techniques, and strategies as information is announced and published. Attend relevant professional development relating to educational technology and products.
5. Support Learning Commons staff, User Support staff, and Learning Technologies staff with assistance in creating resources as needed.
6. Work with Learning Commons staff to develop technology tutors and suitable learner-focused workshops designed to support academic success through the use of available tools.
7. Work with identified faculty needing remediation on instructional re-design projects, providing design guidance and recommendations - (Essential)
8. Other duties as assigned - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.