Practical Nursing Instructor
Job no: 493838
Work type: Faculty Full-Time
Location: Tallulah, LA
Categories: Allied Health, Academic Affairs
College: Louisiana Delta Community College
Department: Academic Affairs
Sub department: Nursing, Allied Health & Safety
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Faculty 9 month
Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Teaching
• Teach a load of 15 credit hours per semester.
• Plans, develops, and uses effective teaching methods and materials which assist students in meeting course objectives, are appropriate for students with diverse educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles, and engage the students in learning.
• Classes may be day, afternoon, evening, and/or weekends
• Maintain regular office hours, grade records
• Respond to requests for information in a timely manner
• Attend and participate in faculty meetings
• Design and develop curriculum within state and accreditation body guidelines
• Provide support for associate faculty
• Assist in assessment and placement of students in appropriate classes
• Participate in student recruitment, placement, advisement, and serve on college committees
• Identify student learning outcomes: develop processes and tools for assessment; incorporate results in order to modify instruction and materials in coordination with colleagues
2. Professional Development
• Maintains high standards of competence in the discipline(s) and teaching methodologies through professional development activities.
• Reviews, evaluates, reflects, and revises program curricula and teaching methods through a self-evaluation process of self- reflection.
• Meets or exceeds professional standards, state-mandated guidelines, requirements of business/industry, and higher education, as appropriate to the discipline(s).
• Actively participates in college meetings and/or committees, task forces, and councils
• Participates in college-related activities such as registration, community education, and recruitment of students, student retention, and faculty selection
• Participates in college activities for students/student organizations to aid in retention
• Participates in business and community activities that foster goodwill and promote the mission and values of the college
• Participates in activities required to maintain program and college accreditation standards
• Participates in setting departmental goals, in developing college budgets that support the goals, and in planning for achieving those goals.
• Promotes and maintains departmental affiliation agreements and other partnerships
• Other duties as assigned
Required Education: A practical nurse instructor shall be a registered nurse with three years of nursing experience. At least one of these three years must have been as a medical-surgical hospital staff nurse providing direct patient care. An applicant for nurse instructor must have practiced as a nurse for a minimum of six full-time months during the three years immediately preceding application.
The successful candidate must also be service-oriented, promote excellence, and embrace a commitment to professionalism. Applicants should have demonstrated commitment to the philosophy and mission of Louisiana Delta Community College. Applicant should also demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of students, faculty, and staff from a variety of backgrounds.
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend