Administrative Coordinator (Part-time - Temporary)
Job no: 493728
Work type: Staff Part-Time
Location: Lafayette, LA
Categories: Academic Affairs
Department: Academic & Student Affairs
Sub department: Financial Aid
Type of Appointment: Part time - Temporary (Up to 25 hours per week)
Salary: $11.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Aid Office Duties (80%)
• Provides outstanding service to students and other internal and external stakeholders.
• Provides day to day administration and office support by greeting and answering telephone,
appointment, and walk-in guests.
• Screens routine financial aid inquiries from students, parents, colleagues, and the public to assistor directs calls to appropriate person.
• Maintains peak season high phone volume and walk-in guests.
• Demonstrates an elevated level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential
• Manage and assist with appointment scheduling and maintain calendars for Dept.
• Assists with utilization of LoLA functions for student inquires.
• Manage and maintain student and department files both electronic and hard copies.
• Collect and scan student documents as required with accuracy and efficiency.
Other duties (20%)
• Competes data-entry as required with accuracy and efficiency.
• Performs other duties that will assist in promoting the college within the community.
• Participate independently within the team on special and ongoing projects.
• Evaluates and ensures adherence to office procedures while monitoring office procedures to
eliminate the duplication of effort and to streamline the flow of operations.
• Manage departmental inventory of supplies and requisitions.
• Attends all mandatory meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education: None
Required Experience: One (1) year of customer service-related experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications: None
- Three years of related experience with higher education, policies, and procedures in an administrative leadership office.
- Proficiency with SLCC business services and practices at SLCC.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Extensive use of computer requires extended periods of sitting at a desk and reviewing student files. During peak periods incumbents will typically work extended hours, including some weekends. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
SLCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Louisiana is a Model Employer for People with Disabilities.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend