Job no: 493716
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: West Monroe, LA
Categories: Workforce Development & Education
College: Louisiana Delta Community College
Department: Workforce & Economic Development
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Administrative/Staff
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the general direction of the Vice Chancellor, the Instructor performs duties related to delivering the appropriate instructional program as set forth by Louisiana Delta Community College:
• Maintain educational records, inventory, and tool control logs.
• Track student achievement by coordinating and administering tests in accordance with acceptable reporting procedures.
• Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned vehicle
• Provide hands-on instruction and practical training to include how you inspect vehicles prior to and following each trip.
• Provides instruction to adult learners with varying educational levels, abilities, and backgrounds and can appropriately adapt and deliver material to multiple experience levels.
• Uses appropriate technology to enhance student learning outcomes.
• Utilizes a course syllabus for each course taught following established institutional guidelines
• Makes recommendations for program improvements as appropriate and required.
• Interfaces regularly with the project team and other instructors and attend scheduled meetings.
• Maintains confidentiality of student records and other sensitive subject matter.
• Works assigned schedule exhibits regular and predictable attendance.
• Prepare students to take the exam.
• Perform related duties as required.
Required Education: A high school diploma or GED, CDL and five years’ experience driving tractor trailer; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
Required Experience: Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting, as well as an outside environment, that could include extreme hot and cold temperatures and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the office; strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 20 pounds;
• Considerable knowledge of CDL requirements;
• Considerable knowledge of equipment;
• Ability to maintain accurate records, assemble and organize data, and to prepare reports;
• Computer applications related to the work;
• Exceptional driving and training skills;
• Command of the English language;
• The ability to be flexible, and interface professionally with all levels of internal and external customers;
• Demonstrate outstanding instructional skills;
• Friendly attitude
• Ability to accurately maintain and organize paperwork;
• Managing multiple tasks, often with competing deadlines;
• Preparing clear, concise and informative reports, correspondence and other written materials;
Required Licenses or Certifications: Person(s) hired into this class may be required to either possess at entry or obtain within specified time limits designated licenses, professional registration, certification, or specialized education and training relevant to the area of assignment. Must possess and maintain a valid class A CDL and a satisfactory driving record.
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend