Institutional Research Clerk
Job no: 493454
Work type: Staff Part-Time
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Categories: Institutional Research
Sub department: Student Affairs
Type of Appointment: Part time - Temporary
The Institutional Research Clerk will work with and across all LCTCS colleges to provide accurate and timely reporting. This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to prioritize enterprise services delivered on behalf of colleges.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with departments to ensure data integrity
- Perform data analysis to ensure data quality
- Assists in verifying data
- Assists with timely and accurate completion of internal reports
- Gathers and complies data for internal clients
- Maintaining a high degree of confidentiality and integrity of documents and student information as well as complying with state and federal privacy regulations such as FERPA.
- Develop and deliver activity reports
- Assists with the maintenance of the course articulation matrix
- Assists with the maintenance of the Credential Engine credential platform
- Serve as back up to front desk
- Prepare items for meetings when needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Education: Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Required Experience: Minimum 1 year experience in student services, financial aid, or records.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communications skills. Strong organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs, including but not limited to Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of Louisiana’s community and technical colleges.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- A valid Louisiana Driver's License
- Proof of motor vehicle insurance
- Proof of Education
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree in a social science, operations research, or other related fields.
Preferred Experience: Previous experience at an LCTCS institution is highly preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: BANNER Experience is highly preferred.
Salary: Hourly. Will be commensurate with education and experience.
Application Deadline: August 12, 2022. Position will remain open until filled.
Application Instructions: Applicants for this position should submit a cover letter, a resume, and the names and contact information for three professional/work-related references. *If selected, applicant will be asked to provide a certified copy of transcript.
In accordance with LCTCS Policy #6.036, a criminal history check will be conducted on all new hires. LCTCS participates in the federal E-Verify system for identification and employment eligibility purposes.
LCTCS is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity/equal access employer.
For more information about the Louisiana Community and Technical College System, visit www.lctcs.edu. LCTCS is in partnership with Louisiana Economic Development FastStart.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend