Department: Workforce & Economic Development
Sub department: Corporate College
Type of Appointment: Full time - Regular
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Embracing and supporting SLCC’s culture of Employee Engagement and Everyday Excellence.
• Demonstrating a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Working continually to enhance the diversity of the college campus, division, and SLCC.
• Attends all mandatory meetings and college functions as assigned.
• Assists with developing, updating and documenting policies and procedures for the Corporate College.
• Provides Leadership and supervision to the Business Development team.
• Identify, hire, train, evaluate, and mentor Business Development team.
• Responsible for building and growing partnerships while managing a successful sales force and achieving targeted revenue goals.
• Responsible for establishing and implanting a business development and community education strategic plan that focuses on building awareness, program growth, customized contract training, and open enrollment.
• Responsible for establishing weekly, quarterly, and annual goals along with the review and measurement of the related sales activities, divisional goals, and evaluating achievement of the objectives for the division.
• Responsible for reviewing, documenting, and prioritizing opportunities from team activity and monitoring the progress of business development initiatives within the sales funnel to ensure sales and productivity goals are met.
• Oversees all sales and business development training for the business development team.
• Responsible for budgeting and financial stability of the department.
• Devises new and innovative ways for business development team to meet the market demands of programs and contract training service.
• Handles personnel issues, in conjunction with human resources, related to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
• The successful candidate will be an experienced change agent and have a strong background in strategic planning, forecasting, and goal setting.
• Leads, trains, mentors a diverse workforce staff to increase the technical expertise and skills of business development personnel and provides timely evaluations of direct reports and conducting onboarding and performance reviews.
• Engages all direct reports regularly through meetings to foster a strong communicative, collaborative team environment that collectively embraces, improves and advances business development activity.
• Creates and manages a Corporate College workforce solutions advisory council.
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned by the Vice President of Workforce & Economic Development.
Senior Level Consultative Selling (20%):
• The Corporate College is looking for a player coach to lead the business development sales team.
• Establishes and maintains a focus on business development activities that have the most potential for credit and non-credit bearing classes.
• Establishes and maintains a focus on business development activities that have the most potential to meet area workforce needs, provide revenue to the college and enhance the college’s position in the business community.
• Ability to perform need assessments and consultative selling techniques.
• Develops effective partnerships with business and industry in the identification of training needs, including conducting quantitative and qualitative assessments, developing customized workforce solutions, and aligning work with key metrics (e.g. revenue, profit/loss ratios, sector ratios, number of trainees, etc.).
• Develops and manages structured account management processes focused on building long-term relationships and uses strategies to generate higher and sustained sales from new and existing customers.
• Champion processes for identifying new and innovative outreach and customized training opportunities and other timely market-driven programs.
• Develops strategies that provide exemplary customer service. Guides the assessment of current programming to strengthen content and improve employer satisfaction and increase community connections.
• Stays abreast of industry developments to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skills necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities including changes in regulations, technology, and best practices.
• Responsible for ensuring the utilization of the SalesForce Client Relations System and reviewing staff-client relationship goals as developed.
• Establishes, develops, and manages strategic relationships with business partners and other external stakeholders.
• Supports the team in developing stronger relationships with business community.
• Ensure business development team facilitates client feedback and demonstrate client advocacy while building loyal and trustworthy relationships.
• Review and ensure deliverables are high-quality and exceed client expectations.
• Ensures participation at job fairs, business chamber events, and economic development engagement activities.
• Conducts business enterprise planning and implementation.
• Seeks and manages alternate funding sources, which may include grants and customized training contracts.
• Provides overall management of business development operating budgets and ensures control and approval of contracts and reporting as required.
• Develops and implements business development strategic planning activities in support of the college’s strategic plan.
• Conducts annual assessment of business development outcomes to promote the advancement of the College and Corporate College Department.
• Increase Corporate employee enrollment and students served in support of SLCC's Everyday Excellence standards, scorecards, and the LCTCS Metrics.
External & Business Relations
• Develops new partnerships with business, industry, economic development offices, and chambers.
• Serves on appropriate industry taskforces and committees.
• Assists the Vice President of Workforce & Economic Development in cultivating and maintaining existing partnerships.
• Strong analytical, written, oral, and presentation skills.
• Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
• Manage competing demands and problem solve.
• Predictable and reliable attendance is required to provide consistency and continuity of educational services.
• Analyzes and identifies the strengths and weaknesses of service delivery options and exercises critical thinking, problem solving, and judgment skills.
• Fosters a positive and productive work environment while leading and motivating staff.
• Provides up-to-date information to management.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• 7 years of related experience in achieving sales quotas for business-to-business sales including consultative sales or any equivalent combination of training and experience to provide the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (Sales Management, Organizational Development, Training, or a similar line of business).
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of business, client management and sales acumen.
• Demonstrated success working in an entrepreneurial environment with experience generating sales, conducting market research, analyzing approach to market segmentation, producing financial forecasts, devising business plans and go-to-market strategies.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of economic development, current and projected job market trends, collective partnerships, and training programs.
• Active network of business contacts and potential customers. Demonstrated experience in opening new territory, generating new accounts, and managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to attend networking events and trade shows.
• Demonstrated abilities in administration, supervision, and team leadership.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a business development team and create a department sales culture.
• Ability to collaborate with faculty and industry partners to evaluate programs and implement changes.
• Ability to manage state and federal workforce development grant programs and comply with grant guidelines and policies.
• Experience in creating contractual agreements.
• Ability to develop strong and trusting relationships at all levels in an organization.
• Ability to think strategically when viewing client challenges and objectives.
• Ability to hire and develop a successful sales team.
• Outstanding analytical, conceptual, and social skills.
• Understanding of CRM Systems.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
• Possesses an active, unencumbered driver’s license
• Master’s degree from an accredited College or University in related field
• 10 years of experience in Business Development, training & development, or consulting.
• 7 years of supervisory experience
• Understanding of SalesForce CRM System or other Client Relationship Software.
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.