Fiscal Analyst, Business Operations
Title: Fiscal Analyst, Business Operations
Job no: 493592
Hiring Range: $43,019 - $53,774
This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: Responsible for performing moderately complex professional accounting and budget analysis work for assigned schools and/or functional departments. Incumbents conduct forecasting and modeling, maintain accounting and expenditure controls, and develop and recommend operating procedures while building and maintaining strong relationships in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
HACC offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to eligible employees. This position receives an annual leave package with 20 accrued vacation days, 13 paid holidays, 12 sick days, and 3 personal days; four day work weeks (May – August); comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; professional learning and development opportunities; flexible schedules and teleworking / hybrid options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents for all HACC programs.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years' experience, or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: N/A
Hiring Range: $43,019 - $53,774
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with creating and working with Excel reports
Job Specific Task List:
- Apply expertise and knowledge of accounting principles and practices to develop efficient and effective operational processes and procedures to monitor and track financial data and performance for the assigned schools and /or functional departments; analyze, interpret and clearly communicate financial information to stakeholders. - (Essential)
- Coordinate with staff in the finance division and in the assigned schools and /or functional departments to perform financial forecasting, reporting and tracking of assigned budgets; analyze financial information to identify potential problems, provide explanations for variances, and prepare monthly projections for assigned budgets; conduct monthly and quarterly analyses of revenue and expense trends for assigned budgets; compose correspondence and reports pertaining to analyses; support the annual budgeting process; conduct yearly budget and financial function training and serve as an educational resource for interpreting and analyzing financial performance and budgeting; track open positions, vacant positions and proposed changes to positions. - (Essential)
- Perform journal voucher entries and budget transfers; ensure all payable invoices/documents are coded/signed with correct accounting information; respond to invoice-related inquiries; monitor grants and prepare grant purchasing documents for Federal, State, Local and private grants; prepare associated reports and perform reconciliations. - (Essential)
- Perform other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend