This position will be open until filled.
Work Arrangement: Hybrid (remote, on-campus and in the community.)
All applicants are required to submit the following materials:
2. Two Writing Samples (The samples must have been written within the last 12 months, and they must be dated. If you do not have any within that time period, we suggest you write them.)
3. College Transcripts (if applicable)
Incomplete application materials and those that do not follow these directions will not be considered.
The interview process for this position will consist of three phases. Applicants who complete the application process and meet the position minimum requirements will be invited to interview in phase 1. Candidates will be notified of their status after each phase to confirm if they are moving forward in the selection process.
- Phase 1: 30-minute interview with the search committee
- Phase 2: 30-minute interview with the search committee (different questions will be asked), 30-minute written exercise; 30-minute presentation with the Office of College Advancement team
- Phase 3: 30-minute interview with the vice president of college advancement (this phase will occur if you do not engage with the vice president of college advancement in phase 1 or 2; if you do engage with the vice president of college advancement in phase 1 or 2, phase 3 will not be necessary)
Job Summary: The admissions counselor is responsible for recruiting future students through personalized communications, community interactions and recruitment events. An admissions counselor is an integral and front-facing representative of HACC. They integrate with high school and community partners and future students in the very beginning of the student's educational journey. They are the employees who provide future students with a vision of what life will be like at HACC and how to get started with the application and admissions process.
We estimate that the admission counselor will work 33% remotely, 33% on any of the five campuses and 34% in the communities we serve.
Associate Degree and three years of experience or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Preferred Qualifications: Bilingual (Spanish)
Valid driver's license.
Please note that this position is required to comply with PA Act 15. You will need to present completed clearances and training certificates at the time of hire. Please visit https://www.hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm(and scroll to PA Act 15 Clearances) for more information.
Hiring Range: $43,019 - $52,699
Job Specific Task List:
1. Recruit future students
2. Present HACC to diverse populations through formal presentations, one-on-one in-person and virtual appointments, campus tours and written communications
3. Meet with future students on a regular basis to answer HACC questions and assist in admissions process
4. Plan on-site and virtual special events
5. Assist future students with completing HACC’s application
6. Attend college fairs, job fairs, high school information sessions and other community events to present and provide information about HACC to future students
7. Manage high volume of communications with future students
8. Communicate clearly and effectively in writing, by phone, through Zoom and in-person
9. Provide excellent, consistent, equitable and fair customer service to all individuals
10. Serve as a liaison and contact person for high schools and other community partners who may refer future students to HACC
11. Handle other duties as assigned - (Standard)
In addition to the job duties above, the following are essential functions:
1. Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism
2. Have reliable transportation in order to travel to HACC campuses, community events and/or organizations to recruit students - (Essential)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.