Workforce Development (WFD) Instructor - GED
Title: Workforce Development (WFD) Instructor - GED
Job no: 492690
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Hiring Range: $25.00/hour
Job Summary: Workforce Development (WFD) Instructors are hired to teach on as needed basis.
Bachelor's in Secondary Education or related field. Two or more years of adult teaching experience.
Required to be compliant with PA Child Protective Service Laws. For additional information, please visit https://hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm
The Equipment You'll Need:
It is HACC’s expectation that candidates selected for this role will provide their own technology equipment while working.
• Your own computer (Windows, Linux, or Macintosh desktop or laptop) with current web browser installed (Firefox, Edge, Safari, Chrome) https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/the-latest-version/
• Access to broadband internet connection at all times during employment (DSL, 4G/LTE, FIOS, Satellite, or Cable/Xfinity/Comcast https://www.speedtest.net/
• Equipment/technology which enables you to communicate synchronously during meetings and other events, such as USB Headset, speaker and microphone, captioning services, adaptive technology, assistive devices, etc.
If you are not able to meet the equipment requirements listed above and are selected for the role, you can request a special accommodation. Our ability to grant your request will be based on documented need and inventory availability.
Hiring Range: $25.00/hour
Preferred Qualifications: Professional Secondary Teaching license
Job Specific Task List:
- Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to teach adult and non-traditional students high school equivalency exam (GED) content areas through proven-successful contextualized and accelerated approaches focusing on college and career readiness.
- Participate in a collaborative and dynamic instructional program model to include involvement in the development of curriculum, syllabi and lesson plans appropriately aligned with the GED exams.
- Foster the development of critical thinking and problem-solving skills through instruction and in-class student interactions.
- Participate in on-going professional development and program improvement team meetings to enhance skills and instructional performance and share resources/ideas to meet the needs of students and the program.
- Deliver instruction through various modes to engage diverse learning styles.
- Demonstrate ability to document and assess student progress toward mastery of PA Academic and College and Career Readiness Standards (CCRS) providing consistent and ongoing feedback to students about their progress.
- Administer appropriate assessment instruments (TABE). Assist in making interpretations and recommendations for remediation activities in collaboration with the student and GED Coordinator.
- Maintain daily student attendance records and complete weekly attendance tracking.
- At all times, exercise professionalism and establish an inclusive environment that respects all socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Strive for excellence in teaching, applying adult education best practices and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention.
- Other duties as assigned by GED Coordinator.
If part time, hours per week: Up to 20 hours/week
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values: A Circle of Caring
Caring by Creating Our Future Together
- We work together to shape and build our preferred future.
- We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation.
- We set high goals and strive to achieve them.
- We strive to provide exceptional service to all who help shape our future.
Caring for Each Other
- We are gateways to student success and opportunity.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and equity-mindedness in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- >We are growth-minded, believing that each of us is capable of learning, developing and growing to support our mission.
Caring by Doing What is Right
- We are honest and hold each other and ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communications.
- We are transparent about our decisions as individuals and teams.
- We embrace broad engagement in the shared governance process.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend