This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: This position will provide administrative support to the Information Technology (IT) Assistant Vice President. Responsibilities include managing the AVP's schedule and workload to ensure adequate preparation for meetings and other engagements, coordinating travel arrangements for the IT team, and other projects as assigned.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 4 years experience.*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Such as those listed above.
Hiring Range:$33,105 - $41,381
Job Specific Task List:
1. Performs administrative tasks using Microsoft Office in support of the AVP and the Information Technology department, such as managing AVP's calendar, scheduling meetings, creating agendas and taking minutes, preparing materials, and ensuring accuracy of employee schedules, leave time, travel and training reimbursement; coordinates logistics and materials for meetings and presentations. - (Essential)
2. Applies broad knowledge of the department to provide elevated customer service; acts as a representative of the department; exhibits exemplary communication skills and professionalism; establishes and maintains effective working relationships; utilizes appropriate communication methods; communicates via available technology (phone, email, virtual meeting) or in person; prepares and proofs reports and correspondence. - (Essential)
3. Performs moderately complex research; completes special projects; prepares and processes confidential documents and data entry; processes EPAFs for the ES Department and coordinates new hire and separation procedures administrative level supervisors. - (Essential)
4. Collects and organizes data necessary for ongoing assessment and improvement of Information Technology processes and projects; assists with gathering updates for division's project reporting; assists with generating reports from project/ticketing system; maintains and reviews various documents for accuracy and completeness; follows up on approvals as required to ensure timely processing and registration, such as for events, conferences, and trainings. - (Essential)
5. Assists with preparation, review and updating standard operating procedures (SOPs); maintains departmental data and/or other related documents; assists with gathering updates for website, document repository, and/or shared files; organizes and maintains physical/digital filing system; coordinates online presence and website updates; coordinates all office processes. - (Essential)
6. Performs basic accounting functions; processes purchase requisitions and tracks contract renewals; assists with project budget tracking; monitors and evaluates condition of equipment and level of material resources; creates work orders to ensure timely solutions to issues; facilitates ordering of supplies to ensure continuity of operations. - (Essential)
7. Travel between campuses as required; must be reachable by phone during hours the college is operating; flexibility in work schedule is required. - (Essential)
Duties # 1- 7 are essential. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.