Retention and Enrollment Services Specialist
Job no: 494160
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Monroe, LA
College: Louisiana Delta Community College
Department: Enrollment Management
Sub department: Student Services
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Administrative/Staff
Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Provide quality customer service to various populations, including prospective, current, and former students related to admissions or registration.
2. Assist the Knight Center with the daily operations for admissions, records, and enrollment functions.
3. Gather and analyze CTE enrollment data to identify trends and patterns affecting student enrollment and retention.
4. Develop and implement comprehensive strategies to enhance CTE student retention rates and graduation.
5. Collaborate with Division Chairs, faculty, and support staff to monitor CTE student progress and identify barriers to success. Initiate appropriate measures to promote student achievement.
6. Work closely with all campuses, Campus Directors, and Student Success Services to ensure a cohesive approach to retention and enrollment efforts.
7. Collaborate with student support services teams to ensure CTE students have access to tutoring, counseling, financial aid resources, and other essential support services.
8. Utilize an early alert system to connect with our CTE population who have been identified as possessing barriers that may prohibit them from succeeding.
9. Provide personalized support to students experiencing challenges or are at risk of dropping out. Reach out to students proactively, offering guidance and resources to address their individual needs and concerns.
10. Assist with student registration processes by verifying prerequisites, resolving registration holds, and ensuring the accuracy of course registrations.
11. Identify opportunities to streamline records management processes and contribute to the continuous improvement of the department's operations.
12. Perform other duties as assigned to execute the mission of the institution and the goals of the College.
Required Education: 1. Bachelor's degree in any discipline. Previous experience in student retention, enrollment management, or counseling services within a higher education environment is preferred.
2. Familiarity with enrollment management best practices and current CTE trends in higher education.
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with students, faculty, staff, and external stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
4. Proficiency in data analysis to identify trends, interpret enrollment data, and utilize information to make informed decisions.
5. Demonstrated commitment to student success and understanding of the factors that contribute to student retention and academic achievement.
6. Excellent organizational and time management skills to handle multiple tasks, prioritize responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
7. Ability to work collaboratively within a team, fostering a positive and inclusive work environment.
8. Resourceful in providing solutions to challenges related to student retention and enrollment.
9. Sensitivity to the needs of diverse student populations and a commitment to promoting an inclusive campus environment.
10. Comfortable using various software and online platforms for data management, communication, and outreach.
11. Excellent interpersonal skills to build rapport with students and effectively address their concerns and questions.
12. A strong focus on delivering exceptional customer service to prospective and current students throughout the enrollment process.
13. Familiarity with the Louisiana Delta Community College’s mission, CTE programs, and services to effectively guide and advise prospective students.
14. Adaptability to work with changing priorities and willingness to travel between campuses, if required.
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend