Program Manager of Adult Education
Job no: 494143
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Categories: Adult Education, WorkReady U, Administrative Support
The Program Manager will assist with the oversight of activities conducted in and across the WorkReady U network of providers in an effort to support the state of Louisiana in serving the undereducated and underemployed citizenry and reducing the recidivism rate of reentry citizens. These activities include all Title II adult education initiatives identified in the Title II section of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), the Louisiana WIOA State Plan and high school equivalency testing programs.
Type of Appointment: Full time - Regular
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with education and experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Direct and/or coordinate activities pertaining to WorkReady U Scholarship Programs;
• Assist the Chief HiSET Examiner with the approval of test centers and test examiners across the state;
• Assist with oversight of Federal/State compliance with regards to Title II of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act;
• Serve as a team member to develop and implement activities and services that support adult learners as it relates to WorkReady U services and high school equivalency testing;
• Assist with the coordination of the grant application process, correspondence (internal and external) to the sub-recipients, and federally required reports and plans;
• Review policies and procedures for alignment with WorkReady U’s strategic plan and federal requirements;
• Assist with the coordination of the activities and allowable usages of Adult Education Leadership funds;
• Assist State Director of Career Technical and Adult Education in partnership development with workforce partners, business, industry and the community to enhance the college and career readiness of adult learners;
• Provide reports as requested by the State Director of Career Technical and Adult Education and other external reporting;
• Conduct monitoring for program and test center compliance;
• Collaborate with the Director of Program Compliance to develop a monitoring system that includes WorkReadyU, Carl D. Perkins, and Methods of Administration (MOA);
• Support with eGrants system management;
• Plan, coordinate, and provide support for professional development opportunities for grant recipients and other WRU stakeholders;
• Assist the Director of Adult Education and the State Director of Career Technical and Adult Education with the development of the WIOA Title II budget for administrative and leadership funds;
• Assist external and internal partners with the development and implementation of Integrated Education and Training opportunities;
• Assist with the required end of year report submitted to the Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education (OCTAE);
• Process various data requests and reporting requirements regarding student enrollment, retention, completion, transfer, and gains
• Produce analyses on aspects of programming and service including potential populations and locations
• Apply analysis to review program, site, and class-level specific data
• Develop frequent data analysis reports to share with staff and programs
• Implement technical assistance activities and professional development opportunities around data analysis
• Assist with the creation of a WRU course on data analysis
• Assist with the collection of state and federally required reports and plans
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
• Four (4) years of work experience in adult education activities
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal, written, oral and computer skills
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
Preferred Education: • Master’s degree from an accredited institution
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted and position will remain open until filled.
Application Instructions: Applicants for this position should submit a cover letter that addresses the outlined responsibilities, a resume, and the names and contact information for three professional/work-related references. *If selected, applicant will be asked to provide a certified copy of transcript.
In accordance with LCTCS Policy #6.036, a criminal history check will be conducted on all new hires. LCTCS participates in the federal E-Verify system for identification and employment eligibility purposes.
LCTCS is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity/equal access employer.
For more information about the Louisiana Community and Technical College System, visit www.lctcs.edu. LCTCS is in partnership with Louisiana Economic Development FastStart.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend