Process Operations Trainer
Job no: 493680
Work type: Faculty - Part Time
Location: Lake Charles, LA
Categories: Workforce Development & Education
Department: Workforce Development
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Adjunct
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops course curriculum, course handouts, lectures, lab exercises, and presentations prior to scheduled course times. Works with other faculty and administrators in developing program curriculum, standards, and policies, including reviewing and participating in textbook selection process where appropriate.
• Organizes instruction in classrooms and laboratories as evidenced by adequate and clearly stated course outlines, learning objectives, learning outcomes, lesson plans, competency assessments, and instructional materials such as textbooks, instruction sheets, and/or electronic resources available.
• Posts and maintains on campus hours to facilitate interaction with students, other faculty, staff, administrators, and the public.
• Maintains and submits accurate student grades and attendance records in accordance with institutional policies and established deadlines.
• Helps students to achieve their educational goals through formal and/or informal advising.
• Responsible for follow-up data of students within the assigned program(s) of instruction such as student completions, graduate job placement and student retention rates ensuring compliance with accrediting agencies and institutional standards.
• Continually monitor follow-up data from student completers, employers and advisory board committees in order to evaluate information for continual quality improvement and program effectiveness.
• Remains current in academic or program discipline, including attending professional conferences, and maintaining licensure, certification, or continuing education requirements where appropriate.
• Receives training or stays current in technological or pedagogical advances that promote student learning.
• Attends and participates at all commencement ceremonies.
• Attends departmental, divisional, and college-wide meetings.
• Participates in college professional development activities.
• Participates in local business and industry activities where appropriate.
• Mentor and/or assist in orienting new faculty either formally or informally.
• Utilizes advisory committee(s) to ensure that desirable, relevant, and current practices of the occupation are being taught.
• Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
• Associate degree or higher in the program of instruction or related field.
• Three years of work experience and/or licensure or certifications in associated field(s), aligning with instructional minimum qualifications identified by the institutional accrediting agency, may be considered upon review and approval by the position hiring manager.
• Bachelor degree in the program of instruction or related field.
• Experience using Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as Blackboard, Canvas, Joule, etc. is preferred.
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend