Lead Learning Coach - Intern
Job no: 492374
Work type: Student/Intern
Location: SLCC – Abbeville, SLCC – Crowley, SLCC – Franklin, SLCC – Lafayette, SLCC – Morgan City, SLCC – New Iberia, SLCC – Opelousas, SLCC – St. Martinville, SLCC – Ville Platte
Categories: Student Affairs
Department: Academic & Student Affairs
Sub department: Student Success Center
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Tutor
Salary: $10.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide learning assistance to students and learning coaches in courses designated by the Assistant Director of Academic Success.
• Learning sessions may be held at the Academic Success Center, virtually, or an on-campus location designated by the Assistant Director of Academic Success
• Maintain accurate records of learning sessions.
• Assist in scheduling appointments.
• Serve as a role model for all students seeking academic assistance.
• Promote and Market the Academic Success Center throughout the college
• Be punctual for all scheduled learning sessions.
• Predictable and reliable attendance is required in order to provide consistency and continuity of educational services.
• Monitor opening-and closing-day procedures
• Manage of schedules and routines for learning coaches, volunteers and students
• Leads all orientation meetings
• Provide assistance to learning coaches
• Prepare supplemental materials
• Helps procure and organize teaching materials and supplies
• Perform other duties as required or assigned
• Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
• Improve Communication & Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to think quickly under pressure
• Higher order thinking skills
• Increased ability to manage learning & study strategies
• Subject-specific knowledge & understanding
• Stress & time management skills
• Managerial skills
• Applicants must have earned a B or higher in the subject(s) to work in.
• Applicants must have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate study
• Students who wish to participate in the Lead Coaching program must be enrolled in at least six credits at a regionally accredited institution during the semester of employment.
• Additionally, Lead Learning Coaches must be eligible to work in the United States and successfully submit all paperwork required to Human Resources.
• Lead Coaches must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 at a regionally accredited institution at the time of application to participate in the program and must maintain this minimum level for continued employment.
• Tutoring and/or teaching experience.
• Strong managerial skills
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of course content.
• Interest in working with and assisting fellow students.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work as a part of a team.
• Outstanding customer service skills.
• Ability to be empathetic to students having academic difficulties.
• Sensitivity to student diversity.
• Outstanding customer and computer skills.
• Willingness to assist distance education students
• Knowledge of campus resources, services, policies & procedures.
• Participate in professional development activities
Preferred Education: Associate's degree
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend