Job no: 492338
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: SLCC – Lafayette
Categories: Risk Management, Safety & Security
Department: Academic & Student Affairs
Sub department: Safety & Security
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Administrative/Staff
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Providing outstanding service to students and other internal and external customers.
• Serving a primary role in the administration of the College’s safety functions, including ensuring compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
• Implementing appropriate procedures and programs consistent with maintaining a safe environment at all College locations.
• Maintaining, updating, and continually improving the College’s safety and emergency preparedness plans, policies, and procedures.
• Coordinating and managing accident/injury and workplace hazard reporting procedures, and conducting necessary investigations.
• Conducting regular safety meetings at all locations and providing appropriate information and training.
• Conducting regular safety inspections and appropriate drills.
• Serving a primary role in the safety audit process including ensuring appropriate safety conditions at all locations at all times.
• Developing educational programs designed to enhance safety, security, risk management and emergency preparedness.
• Recommending the assignment of appropriate safety responsibilities to individuals with functional accountability within the College.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with multiple internal and external constituents, including local and state agencies with safety-related functions.
• Maintaining a variety of records and preparing clear and concise reports.
• Working independently within a team on special and ongoing projects.
• Assisting the Director of Security and Safety with program development and strategic planning, and monitoring priorities and progress towards the Department’s goals.
• Demonstrating a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Ability and endurance necessary to work the hours needed to complete the job.
• Attendance at all mandatory meetings.
• Predictable and reliable attendance is required in order to provide consistency and continuity of educational services.
Work is performed in both inside and outside environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, bright or dim lighting, heat, cold, dust, moving mechanical parts, loud noise, and dangerous environments.
Three years’ experience in safety or risk management.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Unencumbered, valid Driver's License
Safety experience at a Higher Education institution.
Passing pre-employment criminal background and drug screen are required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend