This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: Responsible for performing professional accounting and budget reconciliations and analysis. Duties also include budget forecasting and modeling. Must maintain internal controls and procedures; and provide technical assistance to new users.
Manage system/user access for financial systems. Investment accounting, including reconciliation and reporting on cash, investment and bond/debt accounts. Provide daily cash management support. Manage assigned Central budgets.
Responsible for coordination of and reporting data to various industry, state, and federal agencies.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience.*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Hiring Range: $51,488 - $65,648
Job Specific Task List:
1. Develop and prepare required allocations, reporting and analysis as support to budget office. Assists college-wide budget office with annual budget planning, position control, operating financial statements, and other budget items as required. - (Standard)
2. Analyzes past and current financial performance data. Research complex financial issues, create and maintain financial models and analyze and interpret financial information including, assisting with financial planning and projects. - (Standard)
3. Perform investment accounting functions, including reconciliation and reporting on cash, investments, and debt instruments. This includes financial modeling and forecasting cash flows. Maintain and improve policies, procedures and processes related to cash management and investment accounting. Perform monthly reconciliations, identify discrepancies, and work across functions to resolve issues. - (Standard)
4. Prepares reports and projections based on analyses. - (Standard)
5. Prepare, monitor and approve budgets for assigned areas. Participates in month-end and year-end accounting processes, including data entry, accounting entries, reconciliations, and preparing reports for internal and external stakeholders. - (Standard)
6. Oversees purchasing card & procurement systems, cashiering and banking services. Work independently and with system end users to solve technical problems, analyze support system needs, and meet processing and reporting needs. Navigate and utilize data from ERP software. Works directly with IT finance business analyst to solve technical and accounting related issues. - (Standard)
7. Perform daily cash management functions, including: outgoing ach/wires, transfers between accounts (internal and external), debt service payment requests. Monitor bond payments and rebate calculations. Manage debt inflow/outflow and amortization schedules for debt service. Provide ad hoc reporting as required. Physical inventory management, including accounting and processing requests deposits/withdraws. - (Standard)
8. Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications and coordinating information requirements. - (Standard)
9. Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data. Analyzes and corrects discrepancies. - (Standard)
Communicates via phone, email, or in person - (Essential)
Operates a computer to gather data, generate reports, and conduct financial analysis - (Essential)
Ensures compliance with bonds agreements and college policies and procedures - (Essential)
Ensures compliance with state regulations - (Essential)
Perform other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full time 12 month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.