This position will be open until filled.
Hiring multiple positions. Primary campus locations: York or Gettysburg.
Job Summary: This position supports the processes for student success and functions of the Advising Department.
High School Diploma and two years related experience, or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: Valid drivers license
Hiring Range: $14.76
Job Specific Task List:
- Assists office by training staff in navigating various software applications; assists students with navigating technology; directs students to appropriate on-line advising resources; assists students with registration; uses knowledge of curriculum and programs answer student email and phone inquiries. - (Essential)
- Assists with the academic advisor assignment processes and databases; communicates with academic schools/departments to keep updated academic advisor lists. - (Essential)
- Creates resources to assist with in-person and on-line advising and registration processes; collects and compiles data from software applications to create reports; exercises judgment and maintains confidentiality in regards to FERPA guidelines. - (Essential)
- Performs administrative tasks for the department of academic advising, such as: assisting with onboarding new employees, communicating with IT for system requests and trouble shooting, communicating with academic schools/departments to keep updated advisor lists, compiling staff vacation requests, and greeting and assisting students, parents, and guests; schedules advising appointments for students; coordinates the work of student employees. - (Essential)
- Travels to various HACC locations to support HACC students. - (Standard)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Essential)
Job Type: Part-Time (less than 1,000 hours)
If part time, hours per week: up to 20
Equipment Requirements for part time, casual, adjunct and instructor positions:
It is HACC’s expectation that candidates selected for this role will provide their own technology equipment.
Your own computer (Windows, Linux, or Macintosh desktop or laptop) with current web browser installed (Firefox, Edge, Safari, Chrome) https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/the-latest-version/
Access to broadband internet connection at all times during employment (DSL, 4G/LTE, FIOS, Satellite, or Cable/Xfinity/Comcast https://www.speedtest.net/
Equipment/technology which enables you to communicate synchronously during meetings and other events, such as USB Headset, speaker and microphone, captioning services, adaptive technology, assistive devices, etc.
If you are not able to meet the equipment requirements listed above and are selected for the role, you can request a special accommodation. Our ability to grant your request will be based on documented need and inventory availability.
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values: A Circle of Caring
Caring by Creating Our Future Together
- We work together to shape and build our preferred future.
- We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation.
- We set high goals and strive to achieve them.
- We strive to provide exceptional service to all who help shape our future.
Caring for Each Other
- We are gateways to student success and opportunity.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and equity-mindedness in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We are growth-minded, believing that each of us is capable of learning, developing and growing to support our mission.
Caring by Doing What is Right
- We are honest and hold each other and ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communications.
- We are transparent about our decisions as individuals and teams.
- We embrace broad engagement in the shared governance process.