This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: Automotive Technology Instructors are per diem instructors hired to teach on an annual contract basis. Develop and deliver Workforce Development course offerings specific to the Automotive Industry.
Associates degree in related field and 5 - 7 years of experience in the Automotive industry as a Technician (or combination of education and experience).
Required certifications: PA State Vehicle Safety and Emissions Inspection and NATEF.
Licensing Requirements: Please note that all teaching faculty are required to comply with PA Act 15. You will need to present completed clearances and training certificates at the time of hire. Please visit https://www.hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm (and scroll to PA Act 15 Clearances) for more information.
Hiring Range: $26 - $42/hour, dependent upon experience/education
Preferred Qualifications: Master-level Automotive Technician certified.
Job Type: Part-Time (less than 1,000 hours)
If part time, hours per week: varies
Equipment Requirements for part time, casual, adjunct and instructor positions:
It is HACC’s expectation that candidates selected for this role will provide their own technology equipment.
Your own computer (Windows, Linux, or Macintosh desktop or laptop) with current web browser installed (Firefox, Edge, Safari, Chrome) https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/the-latest-version/
Access to broadband internet connection at all times during employment (DSL, 4G/LTE, FIOS, Satellite, or Cable/Xfinity/Comcast https://www.speedtest.net/
Equipment/technology which enables you to communicate synchronously during meetings and other events, such as USB Headset, speaker and microphone, captioning services, adaptive technology, assistive devices, etc.
If you are not able to meet the equipment requirements listed above and are selected for the role, you can request a special accommodation. Our ability to grant your request will be based on documented need and inventory availability.
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values: A Circle of Caring
Caring by Creating Our Future Together
- We work together to shape and build our preferred future.
- We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation.
- We set high goals and strive to achieve them.
- We strive to provide exceptional service to all who help shape our future.
Caring for Each Other
- We are gateways to student success and opportunity.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and equity-mindedness in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We are growth-minded, believing that each of us is capable of learning, developing and growing to support our mission.
Caring by Doing What is Right
- We are honest and hold each other and ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communications.
- We are transparent about our decisions as individuals and teams.
- We embrace broad engagement in the shared governance process.