- Job Security! Part-time working opportunities in part of our passionate and dedicated teams.
- Support people living with a disability to exercise their own choice & control!
- An attractive remuneration package, including Salary Packaging, up to $18,550 per year tax free. Less tax means more take home pay for you!
Our customers are individual as you are! We are looking for people who want to work with our customers, get to know them, and support them to live the life they choose.
You will reflect our values and believe in what we do, which will allow you to feel a sense of pride and belonging as you make a positive difference in people’s lives.
We are seeking committed, motivated, and energetic Support Workers to join our team across Rocky Bay. We currently are looking to fill shifts on a permanent part time roster.
We want people who.
- Can demonstrate a commitment to person-centred approaches, supporting inclusion and participation.
- Have resilience to embrace change and work in a dynamic environment
- May have previous experience working with people with a disability, and comfortable working with people with a range of disabilities or if you are looking to move into disability are willing to learn and develop as a Support Worker.
- Know how to work effectively as part of a team
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Can adapt to working in a person’s home and contribute to a positive environment
- Willingness to learn new skills and maintain satisfactory compliance requirements in line with NDIS for a Support Worker.
What will you need to do?
One of the greatest parts of being a Support Worker is that no two days are the same. But typically, we expect our people to:
- Support our customers during outings, with daily activities, reaching personal goals, administering medication, and assisting with their personal care requirements (including personal hygiene and appearance to an acceptable level for age and chosen activity), whilst always demonstrating dignity and respect for our customers.
- Maintain an understanding of the participant’s needs and overall well-being.
- Communicate and engage with participant in a relevant and meaningful way while encouraging the participant to communicate and engage with others.
- Support our customers to maintain their home – doing daily tasks with rather than for
- Transport participants travelling to and from activities and outings.
- Ensure all supports and services provided are accurately documented and accounted for through time-sheets, case notes, incident reporting.
Why choose Rocky Bay?
At Rocky Bay, we empower the lives of our customers and people living with disability. We offer choice and independence to people of all ages with a vast array of services, equipment and facilities that are tailored to our customers and their families.
Our team are loyal, committed, and greet both their colleagues and our customers with a smile. We are intrinsically driven to make a positive difference in the world. It is a great place to work.
Amongst many other things, Rocky Bay is a Registered Training Provider so we can provide you with the tools you need to succeed. To us it is not always about your experience, qualifications, and skills. it is also about who you are and what makes you unique, to go the extra mile for our customers.
What do we offer?
- A wide range of employee benefits and health and wellness programs including Employee Assistance Program, HBF Health discounts, Commonwealth Bank product discounts to name a few.
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 per year as a not for profit as well as superannuation of 10%
- 17.5% leaving loading on annual leave accruals
- Mobile phone allowance
- Travel allowance if required to use your own vehicle
- A close-knit fun, and energetic environment
- Quarterly ‘Star’ Recognition and Loyalty Awards
- $2000 refer a friend program
- Subsidised uniforms and
- The support of a strong corporate team.
What you’ll need to have:
Applicants who are progressed will need to meet mandatory compliance and vaccination requirements which will be discussed once application has progressed.
Sound perfect for you?
If being a Disability Support Worker is the role you have been looking for, then please submit your application by clicking the APPLY button. To be considered, all pre-qualification questions are required to be answered and please attach a copy of your current resume.
At Rocky Bay, we come from all walks of life. We all have different backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes us who we are.
We’re building a culture where uniqueness is valued. You will be considered without regard to race, gender, disability, age, religion and LGBTQIA+.
We are committed to building an inclusive team, making us the best we can be. We encourage you to apply.
Rocky Bay provides services on Noongar and Yamatji country.
Rocky Bay acknowledges and pays respect to the traditional custodians and their leaders- past, present, and emerging.
To view the position description click this link