Title: Custodian (Harrisburg)
Job no: 493864
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Hiring Range: $25,032-$31,290
This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: Protect capital investments, performs routine custodial and cleaning duties along with minor building maintenance and repairs.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 0 years experience or, a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: Valid Driver's License
Hiring Range: $25,032-$31,290
Ability to stand, walk and bend for long periods of time
Knowledge of basic computer skills
Job Specific Task List:
- Performs routine facilities duties to include cleaning and sanitizing multiple areas/surfaces, toilet cleaning, mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, polishing or waxing floors, washing windows, emptying trash and recycling bins - site/campus specific - (Essential)
- Operates and maintains equipment needed to perform duties. - (Essential)
- Performs cyclical facilities duties to include extensive cleaning of classrooms and bathrooms, stripping and waxing floors and other duties as needed. - site/campus specific - (Essential)
- Assists with yard work and snow removal as needed. - site/campus specific - (Essential)
- Prepares rooms for meetings and events as requested - site/campus specific - (Essential)
- Submits work orders routinely for repairs & maintenance they can not perform. - (Essential)
- Travels to assigned work space and provides custodial service. - (Essential)
- Other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values: A Circle of Caring
Caring by Creating Our Future Together
- We work together to shape and build our preferred future.
- We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation.
- We set high goals and strive to achieve them.
- We strive to provide exceptional service to all who help shape our future.
Caring for Each Other
- We are gateways to student success and opportunity.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and equity-mindedness in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We are growth-minded, believing that each of us is capable of learning, developing and growing to support our mission.
Caring by Doing What is Right
- We are honest and hold each other and ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communications.
- We are transparent about our decisions as individuals and teams.
- We embrace broad engagement in the shared governance process.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend