Public Safety Dispatcher (2 pm - 10 pm)
Title: Public Safety Dispatcher (2 pm - 10 pm)
Job no: 493810
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Hiring Range: $28,787 - $35,983
This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: Receives incoming calls for security services, dispatches officers as appropriate, and monitors fire alarms. Documents security service requests in an electronic records management and dispatch system. Operates a computer aided mobile dispatch system and monitors CCTV system. Shift hours: 2 p.m. - 10 p.m.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 1 year experience or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: Valid Driver's License
Hiring Range: $28,787 - $35,983
Preferred Qualifications: Proficient with the Microsoft Suite of products and display proficiency.
Job Specific Task List:
Essential Job Duties
- Receives calls concerning crimes, emergencies, and other requests for security assistance; monitors and responds to calls from the Nowforce system, as well as from campus "Blue Light" emergency telephones.
- Operates a computer aided mobile dispatch (CAD) system.
- Monitors fire and burglar alarms and alarm systems for all college buildings.
- Broadcasts orders to officers in vicinity to investigate complaint or request when appropriate; relays instructions or questions from remote units.
- Relays radio and telephone messages between officers and the community.
- Contacts appropriate emergency services such as police, fire and emergency medical services.
- Performs receptionist duties; responds to questions from walk-in and telephone traffic.
- Controls access to college secured areas; monitors the departments closed circuit camera systems.
- Performs various clerical duties including completing the electronic dispatch log and filing incident reports.
Standard Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values: A Circle of Caring
Caring by Creating Our Future Together
- We work together to shape and build our preferred future.
- We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation.
- We set high goals and strive to achieve them.
- We strive to provide exceptional service to all who help shape our future.
Caring for Each Other
- We are gateways to student success and opportunity.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and equity-mindedness in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- >We are growth-minded, believing that each of us is capable of learning, developing and growing to support our mission.
Caring by Doing What is Right
- We are honest and hold each other and ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communications.
- We are transparent about our decisions as individuals and teams.
- We embrace broad engagement in the shared governance process.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend