Coordinator, Financial Aid (Harrisburg/York)
Title: Coordinator, Financial Aid (Harrisburg/York)
Job no: 493729
Location: Multiple campus locations, Harrisburg, PA
Hiring Range: $48,182 - $60,227
This position will remain open until filled. There are 2 positions available.
Travel to more than 1 HACC Campus may be required.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for the oversight and administration of an assigned federal, state, and/or institutional financial aid program.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years related experience, or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: Valid driver's license.
Hiring Range: $48,182 - $60,227
Job Specific Task List:
- Manage an assigned federal, state, and/or institutional financial aid program to ensure the accurate and timely distribution of state, federal, or institutional funds; ensure compliance all processes and procedures are compliant with relevant state and federal regulations for the administration of aid; maintain the sections of HACC’s Policies and Procedures manual related to the assigned program area in alignment with state and federal regulations. - (Essential)
- Supervise assigned specialists to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of aid to students; in collaboration with the assistant director of financial aid for the assigned area, conduct intra-unit audits to ensure accuracy of employees’ work and compliance with Federal Student Aid regulations; hire, train, develop, motivate, supervise and evaluate staff consistent with organizational and strategic goals; prioritize, schedule and assign work for staff. - (Essential)
- Develop training plans for the assigned program area and its related processing and procedures; train direct reports in all aspects of the program area work; cross-train other unit employees in the program area. - (Essential)
- Maintain logs of production metrics for the program area and report out to unit, department, and division leadership; work with the assistant directors of financial aid to manage the workflow of assigned specialists and the flexible deployment of human resources to meet the unit’s production needs; focus program work to maximize student service and enrollment management. - (Essential)
- Collaborate with the assistant directors of financial aid to develop communications, outreach, and educational programming relevant to the assigned program and educate students, unit colleagues, and other college employees. - (Essential)
- Serve as the subject matter expert in the content area and remain current on new and innovative practices in the field; develop and maintain a network with colleagues through professional organizations and other types of professional alliances. - (Essential)
- Represent the financial aid unit at campus meetings and conferences; serve as a liaison between departments, external organizations, the public and other agencies; travel to all HACC campus locations to conduct and participate in meetings, training, and events as required. - (Essential)
- All financial aid staff will be expected to participate in awarding financial aid, conducting student verifications, SAP appeal reviews, and coverage of customer service as assigned. All staff may be assigned to cover evening and/or weekend hours. - (Essential)
- Collaborate with the director and other assistant directors as part of the financial aid leadership team to improve the student experience and ensure the successful and compliant awarding of state and federal student aid. - (Essential)
- Other duties as assigned. - (Essential)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values: A Circle of Caring
Caring by Creating Our Future Together
- We work together to shape and build our preferred future.
- We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation.
- We set high goals and strive to achieve them.
- We strive to provide exceptional service to all who help shape our future.
Caring for Each Other
- We are gateways to student success and opportunity.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and equity-mindedness in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We are growth-minded, believing that each of us is capable of learning, developing and growing to support our mission.
Caring by Doing What is Right
- We are honest and hold each other and ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communications.
- We are transparent about our decisions as individuals and teams.
- We embrace broad engagement in the shared governance process.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend