Rank: Assistant Professor
Starting Date: Fall 2024
The College of Business Administration (CoBA) at California State University, San Marcos (CSUSM) seeks two full-time tenure-track faculty members to join its Finance department. The successful candidate(s) should possess expertise in investment, corporate finance, and/or banking, at the assistant professor rank. The anticipated start date for these positions is Fall 2024. These positions are contingent on funding.
About the college of business administration (CoBA) at CSUSM
CSUSM is a rapidly growing university with over 14,000 total students. It is expected to grow to 25,000 at full capacity. Since CSUSM’s inception, CoBA has served the region with distinction by providing a cadre of skilled, thoughtful, and engaged students and alumni. Thus, from the very beginning, CoBA has consistently engaged with local business leaders and provided innovative programming that has profoundly impacted the region. More than 85% of its alumni stay in the region after they graduate and contribute to the growth of their organizations and the prosperity of their communities. The College has grown tremendously over the past 30 years and in fall 2021 welcomed over 2,500 undergraduate and MBA students to Markstein Hall and to the CSUSM at Temecula campus. CoBA is also the birthplace of Senior Experience, a unique signature educational program that pairs teams of senior business administration majors with local organizations in a project-based consulting experience.
San Marcos is located in North San Diego County, approximately 35 miles from both downtown San Diego and Orange County, offering a year-round pleasant climate and a full-range of recreational, cultural and entertainment opportunities.
- Applicants must possess a doctorate in Finance, especially specialized in investment or corporate finance/banking (Ph.D. or DBA from an AACSB accredited university) at time of appointment for the position(s). Also, ABD applicants will be accepted; Ph.D. must be completed before employment start date.
- Successful candidates should be committed to teaching excellence at the undergraduate and graduate levels (both in-person and online), engage actively in research that leads to publications in reputable finance journals, and be willing to serve constituents in the university and business communities.
- Candidates are expected to meet and maintain the current AACSB International standards of faculty qualification.
- Applicants must demonstrate ability and commitment to working with a diverse student population.
- Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated intercultural competence with diverse groups in teaching, research and/or service.
- Relevant prior professional or business experience in finance industry
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $11,667 - $11,994 per month
CSU Classification Salary Range: $5,405 - $11,994 per month
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Diversity Statement
- Statement of research interests and at least one sample of research (job market papers, or publications of research)
- Teaching portfolio that includes a teaching philosophy, a sample syllabus, and evidence of effective teaching such as student teaching evaluations
- Unofficial transcripts
- Three professional references
Applications should be received by September 30, 2023. Priority will be given to applicants who meet the screening deadline; however, the position will remain open until filled. A department representative will conduct initial interviews at the upcoming Chicago, Il FMA meeting in October 2023.
The University is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
CSUSM has been designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and was recently named one of the top 32 Colleges most friendly to junior faculty by the Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education. Visit Faculty Opportunities for more information.
California State University San Marcos is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation and veteran or military status.
Per the California State University’s Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is prohibited from hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside California. Working in the State of California is a condition of employment.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised December 22, 2020 as a condition of employment.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy, can be found at CSU Covid Policy. Questions should be sent to the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is subject to employment verification, education verification, reference checks and criminal record checks. An offer of appointment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, including a criminal records check, and may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act or Clery Act Notification can be found at Clery Act Notification.