Visiting Faculty: Finance
- Position: Visiting Faculty Member (full time/1.0 FTE)
- Academic Year: 2023/24
- Modality: In-Person
- College: COBA - College of Business Administration
- Department: Finance
The Department of Finance at California State University San Marcos is accepting applicants for one visiting faculty member in Finance starting in Fall 2023. Applicants should possess a doctorate in finance (Ph.D. or DBA from an AACSB accredited university; ABD from an AACSB accredited university is also acceptable) at time of appointment (August 22, 2023). Applicants must demonstrate ability and commitment to working with a diverse student population and must meet the current AACSB International standards of faculty qualification.
Successful candidates should be committed to teaching excellence at the undergraduate and graduate levels and expected to conduct quality research in their field. It is preferred that the primary area of interest is in corporate finance with a secondary area such as investments or real estate. Successful candidates are expected to perform curricular and administrative duties associated with an academic appointment. Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated intercultural competence with diverse groups in teaching, research and/or service.
All applications must include a completed Faculty Application, cover letter, curriculum vitae, statements of teaching philosophy and research interests that address the above minimum and desired/preferred qualifications, reprints of representative publications, and copies of all transcripts that include relevant course work. Three current letters of recommendation must be provided. In addition, the successful candidate must pass a background check.
- Doctorate in finance (Ph.D. or DBA from an AACSB accredited university; ABD from an AACSB accredited university is also acceptable) at time of appointment (August 22, 2023).
- Demonstrated commitment to working with a diverse student population.
- Must meet the current AACSB International standards of faculty qualification.
- Per the California State University’s Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is prohibited from hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside California. Working in the State of California is a condition of employment.
- Committed to teaching excellence at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Primary area of interest is in corporate finance with a secondary area such as investments or real estate.
- Experience performing curricular and administrative duties associated with an academic appointment.
- Experience conducting quality research in their field.
- Experience working with undergraduates from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for underrepresented groups.
- Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusivity, and/or intercultural competence with diverse groups in relation to teaching.
Salary commensurate with degree level and experience
- Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $4,530 - $5,888 per full-time month
- CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,530 - 13,797 per full-time month
To apply, please prepare to submit the following:
- Your completed faculty application
- Curriculum Vitae (uploaded)
- Contact information for three (3) current references
- Three (3) letters of reference will be collected from candidates considered for the position
- Letter of interest (uploaded)
- Statements of teaching philosophy and research interests that address the minimum and desired/preferred qualifications (uploaded)
- Reprints of representative publications (uploaded)
- Copies of all transcripts that include relevant course work (uploaded)
Timeline: A review of applications will begin on March 30, 2023; however, the position will remain open until filled.
Visiting Faculty appointments are full-time appointments for up to one (1) academic year. Individuals appointed into this classification are not eligible for a subsequent appointment in the Visiting Faculty classification but are eligible to apply for other Faculty positions at CSUSM.
The University is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
CSUSM has been designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and was named one of the top 32 Colleges most friendly to junior faculty by the Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education. Visit Faculty Opportunities for more information.
California State University San Marcos is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
Per the California State University’s Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is prohibited from hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside California. Working in the State of California is a condition of employment
This position is subject to employment verification, education verification, reference checks and criminal record checks. An offer of appointment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, including a criminal records check, and may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised December 22, 2020 as a condition of employment. An offer of employment is contingent upon execution of an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status and Legal Duty to Report Child Abuse and Neglect form. Signing the form is a prerequisite to employment and failure to sign will result in any offer of employment being withdrawn.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy, can be found at CSU Covid Policy. Questions should be sent to the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.