About the role:
Aurizon Bulk Central is seeking an experienced Signals Maintainer to join the Darwin Team. This role will be responsible for the maintenance and fault clearance of Aurizon’s signalling and wayside assets in the NT, including active level crossings, switch machines, stream flow monitors and other associated equipment.
- You will also be required to utilise your expertise to review plans, designs and, materials and equipment to ensure it meets the specifications of the work.
- You will have a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing demands.
- You must have a high regard for safety and take a considered approach to decision making.
- You will be someone who enjoys working autonomously, remotely, and setting your own work schedule to meet the requirements of the business unit. However, there will be times when you will communicate with suppliers, clients and consultants on the constructions and commissioning of assigned signalling work.
In addition to the above, you must be willing to reside in Darwin and be away from home for up to 3-4 nights each week if required. This position is critical to track safety, therefore when required, you will need to respond swiftly to call-outs, emergencies and other irregularities.
To be successful in this role you must possess:
- An electrical trade qualification or equivalent (SA/NT license desirable).
- Experience in electrical and mechanical servicing of signals, switches and associated wayside equipment.
- A strong work ethic and positive can-do attitude.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to use initiative.
- Strong commitment to safety and proven ability to actively apply safety management principles.
- Cert IV in Rail Signalling (desirable).
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a national portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator, annually transporting more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position (reference 677914), please contact Mick McCarl via 0418 961 774.