Adjunct Instructor - Electrical Maintenance
Job no: 494108
Work type: Faculty - Part Time
Location: Lake Charles, LA
Categories: Workforce Development & Education
Department: Workforce Development
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Adjunct
Duties and Responsibilities: • Demonstrates professional work ethic expectations, such as appearance, attendance, teamwork, promptness, cooperation, etc.
• Projects a professional attitude towards other faculty, staff, and students.
• Facilitates student learning, provides effective instruction, and performs evaluations of student learning for all assigned classes.
• Develops course curriculum, course handouts, lectures, lab exercises, and presentations prior to scheduled course times.
• Works with other faculty and administrators in developing program curriculum, standards, and policies, including reviewing and participating in textbook selection process where appropriate.
• Organizes instruction in classrooms and laboratories as evidenced by adequate and clearly stated course outlines, learning objectives, learning outcomes, lesson plans, competency assessments, and instructional materials such as textbooks, instruction sheets, and/or electronic resources available.
• Maintains and submits accurate student grades and attendance records in accordance with established contract deadlines.
• Be available to students via email, phone, and/or personal conferences. The method of contact and hours of availability should be clearly communicated to supervisors and to students through the course materials.
• Responsible for follow-up data of students within the assigned program(s) of instruction such as student attendance, IBC’s earned, and student completions.
• Remains current in academic or program discipline, including attending professional conferences, and maintaining licensure, certification, or continuing education requirements where appropriate.
• Receives training or stays current in technological or pedagogical advances that promote student learning.
• Attends departmental meetings as necessary.
• Participates in departmental activities where appropriate.
• Mentor and/or assist in orienting new instructors.
• Adheres to all laws pertaining to disclosure of student records.
• Adheres to all applicable Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) and SOWELA Technical Community College policies.
• Utilizes advisory committee(s) to ensure that desirable, relevant, and current practices of the occupation are being taught.
• Maintains a safe and secure classroom/lab environment conducive to effective learning.
• Ensures all instructional equipment and supplies meet safety standards.
• Requests adequate equipment and supplies in a timely manner to support program instruction.
• Travels to and from locations off campus for instructional purposes as needed for the program.
• Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
Required Education: High School diploma
Required Experience: Five years relevant experience in electrical field.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Preferred Education: Associate degree or higher in electrical field.
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend