Adjunct Instructor - Industrial Instrumentation
Job no: 493539
Work type: Faculty - Part Time
Location: Lake Charles, LA
Categories: Academic Affairs
Department: Academic Affairs
Sub department: School of Industrial Technology
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Adjunct
Duties and Responsibilities: • Facilitates student learning, provides effective instruction, and performs evaluations of student learning for all assigned classes.
• Organizes instruction in classrooms and laboratories as evidenced by adequate and clearly stated course outlines, learning objectives, learning outcomes, lesson plans, competency assessments, and instructional materials such as textbooks, instruction sheets, and/or electronic resources available.
• Use and update the required course management system.
• Support department assessment initiatives.
• Meet deadlines and evaluate student work in a timely manner, including submitting Show/No Show reports, midterm grades, and final grades.
• Demonstrates professional work ethic expectations (appearance, attendance, teamwork, promptness, cooperation, etc.).
• Responsible for providing training in the competencies essential to success in the occupation including attitudes, job knowledge, and skills.
• Posts and maintains on campus hours to facilitate interaction with students, other faculty, staff, administrators, and the public.
• Maintains and submits accurate student grades and attendance records in accordance with institutional policies and established deadlines.
• Be available to students via email, phone, and/or personal conferences. The method of contact and hours of availability should be clearly identified and communicated to supervisors and students through course syllabi, the course management system, and on approved office hours posted each semester.
• Maintains current standard reference books, periodicals, and manuals of a business, professional, technical, and industrial nature to facilitate the educational program objectives..
• When available, participates and attends Industrial Instrumentation advisory committee meetings.
• Cooperates and collaborates with other agencies to promote technical and community college education.
• Adheres to all laws pertaining to disclosure of student records.
• Adheres to all applicable Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) and SOWELA Technical Community College policies.
• Maintain materials and supplies for teaching and research, such as textbooks, chemicals, and laboratory equipment.
• Maintains a safe and secure classroom/lab environment conducive to effective learning.
• Ensures all instructional equipment and supplies meet safety standards.
• Complete other duties as required or assigned.
Required Education: • Associate degree or higher in the program of instruction or related field.
Required Experience: • Three years of work experience and/or licensure or certifications in associated field(s), aligning with instructional minimum qualifications identified by the institutional accrediting agency, may be considered upon review and approval by the position hiring manager.
Preferred Experience: • Successful experience in post-secondary teaching is preferred.
• Successful experience in distance-learning experience is preferred.
• Successful experience in teaching hybrid and/or compressed video courses is desirable.
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend