This position will remain open until filled.
2 positions available (1 Lancaster/Lebanon, 1-Harrisburg).
Job Summary: The Welcome Center provides a progressive and simplified student experience to support successful enrollment, retention, and completion. By assisting with information, essential services, and the removal of barriers, these employees serve to encourage students and smooth the path for continued progress at HACC.
This position is responsible for day-to-day activities and staff of the cross-functional One Stop unit at assigned campus locations. This position ensures excellence in walk-in, phone, and virtual environments by cultivating an atmosphere of student success-focused service, and safeguards institutional compliance and security.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years related experience, or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: Valid driver's license.
Please note that this position is required to comply with PA Act 15. You will need to present completed clearances and training certificates at the time of hire. Please visit https://www.hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm(and scroll to PA Act 15 Clearances) for more information.
Hiring Range: $43,019 - $53,7774
Job Specific Task List:
- % - Proactively ensures a high quality first impression of the College by providing a welcoming, supportive, and encouraging atmosphere for each individual seeking assistance; demonstrates sound knowledge, advocacy, and professional judgment to address inquiries related to admissions, advising, billing/cashiering, financial aid, records and registration, and Workforce Development related inquiries. - (Essential)
- % - Hires, trains, mentors ,and supervises an enthusiastic team; develops and implements work schedules and support for staff at assigned locations; cultivates relationships that secure commitment and trust; effectively organizes, analyzes, and prioritizes work; trains, guides, assigns, distributes and monitors the work of staff; mentors new staff and provides ongoing guidance; coordinates with director to create and maintain staff training manuals; assists with budget planning, allocation of resources, and planning for the needs of the department. - (Essential)
- % - Demonstrates a positive attitude and approach to maintain a professional, welcoming office environment that is representative of a quality HACC education; ensures excellence in timely communications; resolves problems and issues by researching concerns and determines course of action; makes independent determinations, decisions and recommendations; refers issues to appropriate college resource when necessary. - (Essential)
- % - Regularly staffs a work station in assigned locations, including but not limited to covering employee breaks, unexpected leaves, scheduled vacations and other forms of leave, as well as supplementing the work of the specialist during busy periods. - (Essential)
- % - Assists with outreach to prospective and current students in support of the College's comprehensive strategic plan to recruit, retain, and serve a vibrant and diverse student body; monitors communication channels to ensure inquiries and requests are addressed in a timely manner - (Essential)
- % - Resolves problems and issues referred by staff; researches issues and determines course of action; makes independent determinations, decisions and recommendations; refers issues to appropriate College resource when necessary. - (Essential)
- % - Works closely with staff to provide various types of enrollment verifications; makes decisions based on Banner documentation and external documentation regarding enrollment status and college performance; provides appropriate academic record information when necessary. - (Essential)
- % - Assists with College-wide initiatives and projects which support the College's strategic enrollment goals; works collaboratively with College subject-matter experts, including financial aid, academic affairs, advising, admissions, registrar, veteran's affairs, and others as appropriate. - (Essential)
- % - Monitors phone traffic for the department at assigned location(s); ensures staff is logged into the telephone queue; handles difficult customer calls; functions as the third tier of support when an upset customer wants to speak with staff in a leadership role; determines when to escalate a situation to the director. - (Essential)
- % - Travels to various locations to conduct and participate in meetings and trainings; evening and occasional weekend hours may be required. - (Essential)
- % - Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
If part time, hours per week:
Equipment Requirements for part time, casual, adjunct and instructor positions:
It is HACC’s expectation that candidates selected for this role will provide their own technology equipment.
Your own computer (Windows, Linux, or Macintosh desktop or laptop) with current web browser installed (Firefox, Edge, Safari, Chrome) https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/the-latest-version/
Access to broadband internet connection at all times during employment (DSL, 4G/LTE, FIOS, Satellite, or Cable/Xfinity/Comcast https://www.speedtest.net/
Equipment/technology which enables you to communicate synchronously during meetings and other events, such as USB Headset, speaker and microphone, captioning services, adaptive technology, assistive devices, etc.
If you are not able to meet the equipment requirements listed above and are selected for the role, you can request a special accommodation. Our ability to grant your request will be based on documented need and inventory availability.
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values: A Circle of Caring
Caring by Creating Our Future Together
- We work together to shape and build our preferred future.
- We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation.
- We set high goals and strive to achieve them.
- We strive to provide exceptional service to all who help shape our future.
Caring for Each Other
- We are gateways to student success and opportunity.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and equity-mindedness in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- >We are growth-minded, believing that each of us is capable of learning, developing and growing to support our mission.
Caring by Doing What is Right
- We are honest and hold each other and ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communications.
- We are transparent about our decisions as individuals and teams.
- We embrace broad engagement in the shared governance process.