These positions will report to the Lancaster, PA Campus.
This position will remain open until filled.
Three positions available.
Job Summary: Officers are the college's first responders for emergencies and are responsible for patrolling and inspecting the assigned campus and providing safety and security to all students, staff, faulty and visitors as necessary. Additional responsibilities include conducting investigations, enforcing conduct regulations and completing appropriate safety and security documents as required. Travel to other campuses may be required.
High School Diploma or equivalent and one year of experience in law enforcement, security, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
PA Act 235 Lethal Weapons with Firearm or Act 120 must be obtained prior to start date.
Valid Driver's License
Clean Criminal History Background (No Misdemeanor/Felony Convictions)
Licensing Requirements: PA Act 235 Lethal Weapons with Firearm (must be obtained prior to start)
The following licensing requirements will be obtained after hire.
CPR & AED
Hiring Range: $33,953 - $42,442
Preferred Qualifications: N/A
Job Specific Task List:
- % - Patrols college campus, conducts safety checks of emergency doors & lighting as well as fire extinguishers. Inspects interior and exterior of buildings for obvious signs of damage, break-in or unusual activity; monitors surveillance cameras and responds to calls for service from students, faculty and visitors. - (Essential)
- % - Officers are first responders and will respond to calls for policy enforcement, medical emergencies and local, state, federal law violations while also coordinating with outside agencies for assistance as needed. Officers will also respond to calls for escort, assistance and other service calls as requested while determining need for further action, including running to respond to an emergency; defense against or restraint of an assailant; and assisting or dragging someone to safety. - (Essential)
- % - Conducts armed money escorts as requested to transport college assets. - (Essential)
- % - Enforces parking and traffic violations; provides traffic assistance and control. - (Essential)
- % - Conducts preliminary investigations of suspicious or criminal activity; gathers information and determines next steps to be taken. - (Essential)
- % - Provides security for special events; enforces policies and regulations concerning traffic, crowds and college equipment and grounds. - (Essential)
- % - Performs administrative support activities such as completing incident reports, relaying communications and researching information. - (Essential)
- % - Bears and will use firearms as a last resort to protect him/herself and others from death and/or serious bodily injury. - (Essential)
- % - Attends all required training sessions. - (Essential)
- % - In the absence of a supervisory officer, may provide day-to-day guidance to other security officers. - (Essential)
- % - Travel to other campuses may be required. - (Essential)
- % - Performs other duties as assigned. - (Essential)
If part time, hours per week:
Equipment Requirements for part time, casual, adjunct and instructor positions:
It is HACC’s expectation that candidates selected for this role will provide their own technology equipment.
Your own computer (Windows, Linux, or Macintosh desktop or laptop) with current web browser installed (Firefox, Edge, Safari, Chrome) https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/the-latest-version/
Access to broadband internet connection at all times during employment (DSL, 4G/LTE, FIOS, Satellite, or Cable/Xfinity/Comcast https://www.speedtest.net/
Equipment/technology which enables you to communicate synchronously during meetings and other events, such as USB Headset, speaker and microphone, captioning services, adaptive technology, assistive devices, etc.
If you are not able to meet the equipment requirements listed above and are selected for the role, you can request a special accommodation. Our ability to grant your request will be based on documented need and inventory availability.
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values: A Circle of Caring
Caring by Creating Our Future Together
- We work together to shape and build our preferred future.
- We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation.
- We set high goals and strive to achieve them.
- We strive to provide exceptional service to all who help shape our future.
Caring for Each Other
- We are gateways to student success and opportunity.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and equity-mindedness in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- >We are growth-minded, believing that each of us is capable of learning, developing and growing to support our mission.
Caring by Doing What is Right
- We are honest and hold each other and ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communications.
- We are transparent about our decisions as individuals and teams.
- We embrace broad engagement in the shared governance process.