This position is physically located in central Pennsylvania. This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: Provide leadership, training, and guidance to student athletes.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 2 years experience.*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Such as those listed above.
- Valid drivers license.
- Please note that this position is required to comply with PA Act 15. You will need to present completed clearances and training certificates at the time of hire. Please visit https://www.hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm (and scroll to PA Act 15 Clearances) for more information.
Job Specific Task List:
1. Coach student athletes in skill development.
2. Foster team cohesion and organization.
3. Provide tools and teach skills that cultivate well-rounded student development within and outside of athletic programs.
4. Organize and lead practices and games.
5. Coordinate travel to and from games.
6. Actively recruit student athletes within HACC and from the community.
7. Develop and nurture student, community, and alumni relationships.
8. Coordinate team fundraising efforts. 9. Perform other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Essential duties are 1 - 8 above. - (Essential)
Job Type: Part-Time (less than 1,000 hours)
If part time, hours per week: up to 20 hours per week
Stipend: up to $3600
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.