<![if !IE 6]> <![endif]>
Student Government Association Graduate Assistant (Fall 2023/Spring 2024)
Job no: 494777
Work type: Student
Location: Pensacola - Main Campus
Categories: Student, Graduate Assistant
The University of West Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Disabled/Veteran employer. Any individual requiring special accommodation to apply is requested to advise UWF by contacting UWF Human Resources at 1-850-474-2694 (voice) or 1-850-857-6158 (TTY). E-Verify is required for employment. All applications for employment at the University are subject to Florida public records law.
Please review job requirements carefully. Failure to submit all pieces of the application may result in disqualification. Applications are accepted on the University of West Florida career site: https://careers.uwf.edu. For assistance contact UWF Human Resources at 850-474-2694 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment based visa sponsorship will NOT be considered for this position.
|Position Title (Classification Title):||Student Government Association Graduate Assistant (Fall 2023/Spring 2024), Graduate Assistant|
|Working Title:||Student Government Association Graduate Assistant (Fall 2023/Spring 2024)|
|Job Summary:||The Student Government Association Graduate Assistant will assist with the advising responsibilities and program implementation for SGA.
• Advise at least one SGA Executive Committee Member including one on one meetings, administrative support, and leadership development.
• Advise one SGA legislative committee.
• Lead regular meetings on leadership and personal development.
• Coordinate mentor relationships between freshmen and SGA members.
• Understand and assist with the duties and responsibilities of SGA officers and committees.
• Assist with programming such as the student tailgates, special events, and other Student Engagement initiatives.
• Assist with SGA processes such as A&S Fee allocation, Distinguished Teaching and Staff Award selection, and Elections.
• Attend SGA weekly meetings including staff, executive committee, and Senate.
• Assess effectiveness of Student Governance programs, student needs, and data trends, etc.
• Attend Student Engagement staff meetings, committee meetings, program planning meetings, as well as any event logistics meetings.
• Lead one all-staff meeting per academic year.
• Purchase items as necessary for programmatic experiences.
• Assist with additional Student Engagement department-wide initiatives as assigned, which may include but are not limited to: Argo Arrival, Club UDub, Convocation, Beach Bash, Argopalooza, FSL Kickoff, FSL Recruitment, Homecoming, CAB Events, CAB After Dark, Family Weekend, Football Tailgates, Student Leadership Awards, SOLD Workshops, Community Service Activities, committee assignments, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
Applicants must be a graduate student at the University of West Florida and pursuing work related to the student’s graduate studies program.
|Position Qualifications:||• Must be enrolled in a UWF graduate program and maintain good academic standing.
• Must register and complete minimum of 6 hours of course work per semester (fall, spring, and summer) or be registered for thesis credit.
• Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, written communication and editing skills, project management, and strong analytic and organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Drivers license required as this position is occasionally required to run errands off campus.
|Special Requirements or Considerations of the Job:||
This position requires a criminal background screen
This position requires a valid driver's license
|Number of Vacancies||Two|
|Work Hours||8am-5pm Monday-Friday; Nights and Weekends (20 hours per week)|
|Contract Period||Fall 2023 & Spring 2024|
|Closing Date:||May 1, 2023|
|Special Instructions to Applicants:||Applicants must apply online through the University of West Florida website: https://careers.uwf.edu.
Applicants are required to attach a cover letter and resume.
An opportunity to upload these documents will be provided during the application process.
For assistance, please contact Human Resources at 850-474-2694 or email email@example.com.