Rank: Assistant Professor
Starting Date: Fall 2024
California State University San Marcos expects to hire a tenure-track assistant professor for Fall 2024 in the field of Behavioral Neuroscience. We are looking for behavioral Neuroscientist broadly defined, and who can instruct courses including Biopsychology and Laboratory work.
- Ph.D. in behavioral neuroscience or a related field (ABD applicants will be accepted; Ph.D. must be completed before employment start date)
- Active research program in behavioral neuroscience that can involve students
- Demonstrated evidence of teaching excellence at the university level
- Interest in supervising master’s theses
- Evidence of research productivity
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to teach courses in courses in neuroscience including PSYC 360 (Biopsychology) and PSYC 391 (Laboratory in Behavioral Neuroscience
- A research focus that can take advantage of our vivarium
- Demonstrated intercultural competence with diverse groups in teaching, research and/or service
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Diversity statement
- Teaching statement
- Research statement
- Evidence of teaching success (please include: student evaluations/summaries, peer observation summaries, etc.)
- Three professional references
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $6,916 - $7,333 per month
CSU Classification Salary Range: $5,405 - $11,994 per month
A review of applications will begin on November 10, 2023; however, the position will be open until filled.
The University is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
CSUSM has been designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and was recently named one of the top 32 Colleges most friendly to junior faculty by the Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education. Visit Faculty Opportunities for more information.
California State University San Marcos is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation and veteran or military status.
Per the California State University’s Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is prohibited from hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside California. Working in the State of California is a condition of employment.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised December 22, 2020 as a condition of employment.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy, can be found at CSU Covid Policy. Questions should be sent to the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com.
This position is subject to employment verification, education verification, reference checks and criminal record checks. An offer of appointment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, including a criminal records check, and may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act or Clery Act Notification can be found at Clery Act Notification.