Assistant Professor of Accounting
Job no: 517053
Work type: Instructional Faculty – Tenured/Tenure-Track
Location: San Marcos
Categories: Unit 3 - CFA - California Faculty Association, Finance/Accounting, Tenured/Tenure-Track, Full Time
Rank: Assistant Professor
Starting Date: Fall 2023
- Applicants must possess a doctorate in Accounting or related field with specialization in Accounting, from an AACSB accredited university at time of appointment for this position, have a minimum of one year experience teaching accounting classes, be committed to rigor in teaching and research, and be willing to serve constituents in the university and business communities.
- Applicants with ABD status will be considered and interviewed, but the applicant must possess the doctorate degree on the starting date.
- Teaching responsibilities may include undergraduate and/or graduate accounting courses at the San Marcos and/or Temecula satellite campuses.
- Candidates must demonstrate teaching excellence, a record of published research commensurate with years of experience, and the ability to develop and sustain a research program that will lead to original, peer-reviewed publications.
- Candidates must be able to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with departmental colleagues and in an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
- Preference will be given to candidates with relevant experience in the accounting field and teaching experience in accounting.
- Preference will be given to candidates with the ability and desire to teach Tax Accounting and/or Auditing; especially applicants with the interest/ability to integrate data analytics into these courses.
- Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated intercultural competence with diverse groups in teaching, research and/or service.
Click Apply Now to complete the CSUSM Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Cover letter specifically addressing minimum and preferred qualifications.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Three professional references.
- Reprints of representative publications and works in process.
- Summary of student teaching evaluations with average GPA for each class taught.
- Copies of all graduate-level transcripts that include relevant course work.
Review of applications will begin September 2, 2022, and will continue until the position is filled.
The University is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
CSUSM has been designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and was recently named one of the top 32 Colleges most friendly to junior faculty by the Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education. Visit Faculty Opportunities for more information.
California State University San Marcos is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation and veteran or military status.
Per the California State University’s Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is prohibited from hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside California. Working in the State of California is a condition of employment.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised December 22, 2020 as a condition of employment.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy, can be found at CSU Covid Policy. Questions should be sent to the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com.
This position is subject to employment verification, education verification, reference checks and criminal record checks. An offer of appointment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, including a criminal records check, and may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act or Clery Act Notification can be found at Clery Act Notification.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend