Job no: 601433
Location: Brisbane CBD, Adelaide, Cooper Basin, SA Regional
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Chef, Food & Beverage, Customer Service, Unit Manager, Chef Manager, Other
ESS is the market leading support services division of Compass Group, providing multi-service capability to major companies operating in the oil and gas, mining and construction industries and to the defence sector.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and dynamic full-time Chef Manager to join our small remote team in the Cooper Basin. This is a senior role where you will oversee the running and operations of the kitchen and management of our small remote village at Tirrawarra. Reporting to the Regional Manager, the successful candidate will have the ability to work in a team and autonomously.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Plan and control menu-based catering
- Prepare, cook and present food
- Effectively manage the cost of goods and/or food within the workplace
- Ensure site and employee presentation meet Compass Group standards and branding
- Manage finances within a budget
- Establish and maintain a safe and secure workplace
- Establish and maintain an environmentally sustainable workplace
- Establish and Maintain Safe Food Practices
- Responsible for providing great quality services to meet client expectations.
You’ll be perfect for this role if you have:
- Minimum Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Previous experience managing small teams of 3-5 employee’s essential
- Manual Driver’s Licence
- Previous volume and remote cooking experience
- The capacity to work both day and night shifts
- A team player with the ability to multi-task in a busy kitchen environment
- A sound understanding of all kitchen operations
- Strong food safety and general safety focus
Our people are our most valuable, asset. Your can-do attitude, safety focus and passion for great food and service will be rewarded with excellent benefits and conditions including:
- Enjoy the flexibility of the FIFO lifestyle and reclaim back some of your weekends
- Job Ready Program & Recognition of Prior Learning
- Clear career growth opportunities both on and off the tools!
- Ongoing training and development
- Gym facilities, health and wellness programs available
So, if you are a 'get in and get it done' person, who thrives in a fast-paced environment with new challenges and consistently delivers to the highest quality, then we'd like to hear from you.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend