Expression of Interest - Site Assistant Managers
Job no: 575600
Work type: Full Time
Location: NT Regional, QLD Central, QLD FNQ, QLD Regional
Categories: Unit Manager, Assistant Unit Manager
Compass Group is a world leader in catering and support services. ESS is the market leading support services division of Compass Group, partnering with major companies throughout the oil and gas, mining and construction, and defence sectors.
Due to anticipated growth, we are recruiting Site Assistant Managers, to work across our Remote and Offshore portfolios, throughout Far North QLD, Central QLD and the Northern Territory.
- Assistant Management of Site Operations (catering, cleaning and health, waste and environment, and welfare services) and facilities management services for village, township and industrial mine site operations.
- Maintaining consistent site based operational performance, driving business activities to ensure standards of quality, cost, safety, people capability and performance.
- Driving regular and sustainable improvement in our safety performance; conducting regular safety interactions across all levels, ensuring food safety compliance, and supporting any investigations, including root cause identification.
- Fostering a high-performance culture through continuous improvement and innovation, staff engagement and development, and by modelling positive working relationships at all levels, including internal and external relationships, demonstrating trust, care and respect.
- Actively engaging with, and providing proactive solutions when required, with clients, local communities and other business stakeholders to ensure achievement of key business objectives and continuous improvement.
- Experience in Assistant Management positions, having held joint responsibility for overall site performance, meeting business critical expectations (preferably in resources, services, hospitality, support services or facilities management).
- Strong and decisive leadership skills with ability to build effective and engaged teams.
- Strong financial and analytical skills in developing budgets and allocating appropriate resources to ensure a sustainable and profitable business, preferably within the remote or offshore sector.
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholder relationships and project deadlines with competing priorities and limited resources.
- Ability to identify and implement new innovations within the facilities management, hospitality, or hotel services industry.
- Experience in Staff recruitment, retention, rostering, and subsequent management of both permanent and casual workforces.
- Chef qualifications are also desirable, as is proven management experience in the hospitality field, ideally within a Catering and or Accommodation services environment.
We recognise high performance and foster individual development. These positions are stepping stones to future Site Management opportunities within the organisation.
As an Assistant Manager with Compass Group, you will have the support, infrastructure, systems and processes you would expect from a global organisational. Recognised as an employer of choice, we have an attractive benefits program including a competitive salary and incentive schemes, recognition programs and company discounts.
Whilst understanding the commercial nuances of our support services contracts is critical to your success; brilliant and inclusive leadership, is what is well and truly at the epicentre of these roles. The ability to coach and develop teams, ensuring the delivery of safe, high quality services, and the creation of an environment where our customers can experience the entirety of the “ESS experience” is critical, to our business success.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now