Build a deeper capability
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
In this role, you will:
- Ensure compliance with safety standards and practices and conduct daily safety reviews.
- Coordinate load and haul activities of all pit on a daily basis in relation to mine plans by prioritising resources, machinery and people
- Solve daily and weekly technical and resource logistical problems.
- Coordinate mine and development activities according to daily mine plans.
- Manage and coordinate the pit team’s activities by setting performance objectives.
- Ensure full statutory and safety compliance of the all load and haul, production and mine development activities
- 3+ years experience in a similar role within open pit hard rock mining
- Extensive practical knowledge and experience in mining operations.
- Proven and effective people management skills
- Clear verbal communication skills
- Ability to coordinate labour, equipment and materials
- Effective problem solving skills
- Able to act as a strong and positive example to the work force
- Mature and professional approach to all matters
- Current drivers license
- Unrestricted Quarry Managers ticket is desirable
What Thiess can do for you
- Thiess’ commitment to training & development
- Salary sacrifice options – Flights & novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- Referral bonus program – earn $5k for a successful referral
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com
Driving a diverse, inclusive and respectful culture
We’re committed to safe, healthy and respectful workplaces. A place where everyone matters always.
We welcome and celebrate the differences and similarities among people including gender, identity, ethnicity, race, heritage, sexual orientation, disability, age, culture, religion, language, appearance, parental status and education.
We believe diverse experiences and perspectives not only make us more innovative, productive and engaged, but are crucial to our success.
If you require assistance to apply for this job because of disability or special needs, please contact us here. No other requests will be acknowledged.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.