Work with a team of the best
As a global business, we are proud to offer diverse and rewarding career opportunities. We are committed to Thiess being a company which supports great people to succeed, develop their careers, and feel supported to reach their highest potential. We offer a safe and inclusive work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
About The Role
As our next Mechanical Engineer reporting to the Maintenance Manager and supporting the Statutory Mechanical Engineer, you will form an integral part of our Maintenance team while working collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Within this role you will be responsible for providing engineering and project management support to the maintenance team including:
- Statutory Compliance
- Incident investigation and reporting
- Introduction of equipment to site
- Mentoring and developing graduate engineers on site
Roster and Location
- This is a residential role working 5 days on 2 days off roster with monthly RDO’s
- Mount Pleasant Operation is located close to the township of Muswellbrook in the beautiful Hunter Valley.
To be successful in this role you will possess strong interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with key internal and external clients.
You will also be able to provide/ demonstrate:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering
- A Statutory Engineering Certificate highly desirable
- Two years’ experience working as a site-based mechanical engineer in plant maintenance and reliability within the mining industry
- Demonstrated experience working with Heavy Mining Equipment
- Strong knowledge of the NSW Coal Legislation
- Experience in plant management and document control systems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Project management experience
What Thiess Can Do for You
- Help to grow your career, offering diverse and varied opportunities for advancement
- World-class health & wellbeing programs
- Salary sacrifice options
- A range of corporate discounts, including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products
- Referral bonus program
- Monthly Rostered Day Off
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com
We’re committed to safe, healthy and respectful workplaces. A place where everyone matters always.
We welcome and celebrate the differences and similarities among people including gender, identity, ethnicity, race, heritage, sexual orientation, disability, age, culture, religion, language, appearance, parental status and education.
If you require assistance to apply for this job because of disability or special needs, please contact us here.
How to Apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.