Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has a long journey of more than 30 years in Indonesia providing mining services for various projects and clients with support facilities in Balikpapan including workshops and training centre.
About the role
The Specialist Training CRC (contract basis) provides the training and assessment CRC and TCI personnels in all aspects of mechanical in order to achieve maximum productivity while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Superintendent Component Rebuild Centre and based on Balikpapan Support Facility on a 5/2 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include:
- Provide training to TCI employees and CRC team in all aspects of mechanical in order to increase productivity, maintenance and improve personnel's capability, including delivering effective theoretical & practical training in accordance with Thiess standard
- Assist in the design of training material which is relevant to used competency standards;
- Provide report and feedback of training activities to CRC supervision and TCI Training & Development Supervisors in order to keep the alignment systems between Training & Development and CRC
- Develop, Implement & control the Job Skills Proficiency Logbooks for the CRC technicians ( Engine and/or Powertrain Component Rebuild)
- Actively manage the CRC dept employee skills matrix and work with both training and HR dept's to keep this current.
- Actively involved in maintain and monitor of training equipment used for training activities and provide report to superiors when noncompliance found;
- Provide accurate report based on training report participants' data to Plant Training in order to assist in database improvement
- Provide result of training to Superintendent CRC, Superintendent Plant Training and CRC Manager
What skills and experience do you need?
- Heavy earth moving equipment technical codes including truck and/or excavator/dozer/grader/wheel loader
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training
- Experience as Trainer of Engine assemble & Powertrain assemble at least 5 years
- Minimum of 7 years experience within the mining industry as heavy equipment tradesman
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 31 December 2019.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.