Search by keyword
e.g. Faculty, Biology, Admission
Job no: 492892
Work type: Casual/Temporary
Location: Los Angeles
Title: Kitchen Assistant
Duration: 6 months
Reporting to the Executive Chef, Sous Chef and Chef de Cuisine will prepare and cook multiple menu items for stations and catering in a timely manner and to proper standards. Is responsible for the cleanliness of work area(s) while working and at end of shift. Fosters positive customer relations.
- Must be familiar with volume cooking in a restaurant style atmosphere.
- Must be knowledgeable of kitchen sanitation procedures.
- Must be able to work with speed and efficiency in a clean manner.
- Must have a good working knowledge of kitchen tools and equipment.
- Must be able to read, understand and converse effectively in English.
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds and be able to tolerate the physical requirements of frequent walking, extended standing, bending and repetitive motion.
- Must be able to work effectively within a diverse community of students, employees, faculty, staff and others.
- Catering experience desirable.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- 3 years of prior volume cooking experience preferred, but externships will be accepted.
- Serve-Safe Certification preferred.
EXPECTED HIRING RANGE: $16.96/hr. - $18.00/hr.
Advertised: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp