Job no: 493834
Work type: Faculty Full-Time
Location: Monroe, LA
Categories: Academic Affairs, Liberal Arts
College: Louisiana Delta Community College
Department: Academic Affairs
Sub department: Liberal Arts
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Faculty 9 month
Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Teaching
• Teach a base load of 15 academic credit hours for the Spring and Fall semesters
• Plans, develops, and uses effective teaching methods and materials which assist students in meeting course objectives, are appropriate for students with diverse educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles, and engage the students in learning.
• Classes may be day, afternoon, evening, and/or weekends
• Maintain regular office hours, grade records, course assessment data
• Respond to requests for information in a timely manner
• Attend and participate in faculty meetings
• Design and develop curriculum within state guidelines
• Assist in assessment and placement of students in appropriate classes
• Participate in student recruitment, placement, advisement, and serve on college committees
• Identify student learning outcomes: develop processes and tools for assessment; incorporate results to modify instruction and materials in coordination with colleagues; embrace technology and expand teaching into the virtual online classroom
2. Professional Development
• Maintains high standards of competence in the discipline and teaching methodologies through professional development activities.
• Reviews, evaluates, reflects, and revises program curricula and teaching methods through a self-evaluation process of self- reflection.
• Meets or exceeds professional standards, state-mandated guidelines, requirements of business/industry, and higher education, as appropriate to the discipline.
• Actively participates in college meetings and/or committees, task forces, and councils
• Participates in college-related activities such as registration, community education, and recruitment of students, student retention, and faculty selection
• Participates in college activities for students/student organizations to aid in retention
• Participates in business and community activities that foster goodwill and promote the mission and values of the college
• Participates in activities required to maintain program and college accreditation standards
• Participates in setting departmental goals, in developing college budgets that support the goals, and in planning for achieving those goals.
• Promotes and maintains departmental affiliation agreements and other partnerships
• Other duties as assigned
Required Education: The minimum qualification for the position is a Master's Degree in Psychology or a related field from a regionally accredited institution with 18 graduate semester hours in mathematics. Three years of successful college-level teaching experience and knowledge of BANNER and CANVAS is preferred. The candidate must possess basic computer literacy skills, demonstrate the ability to use varied teaching techniques and instructional methods to accommodate different learning styles, and have experience in computer-assisted instruction. The ability to design, develop, and evaluate instructional programs and curricula in the field of mathematics is a must. The ability to provide good customer service, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced team environment is a must. Effective communication skills, the ability to work cooperatively with other faculty and staff, and a willingness to travel and/or teach at various hours and locations are also required. A successful candidate must be service-oriented, promote excellence, and embrace a commitment to professionalism. Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of Louisiana Delta Community College and demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of students, faculty, and staff from a variety of backgrounds.
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend