Department: Academic Affairs
Sub department: School of Industrial Technology
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Adjunct
Duties and Responsibilities: • Demonstrates professional work ethic expectations (appearance, attendance, teamwork, promptness, cooperation, etc.).
• Projects a professional attitude towards other faculty, staff and students.
• Facilitates student learning, provides effective instruction, and performs evaluations of student learning for all assigned classes.
• Develops course curriculum, course handouts, lectures, lab exercises, and presentations prior to scheduled course times.
• Works with other faculty and administrators in developing program curriculum, standards, and policies, including reviewing and participating in textbook selection process where appropriate.
• Organizes instruction in classrooms and laboratories as evidenced by adequate and clearly stated course outlines, learning objectives, learning outcomes, lesson plans, competency assessments, and instructional materials such as textbooks, instruction sheets, and/or electronic resources available.
• Posts and maintains on campus hours to facilitate interaction with students, other faculty, staff, administrators, and the public.
• Maintains and submits accurate student grades and attendance records in accordance with institutional policies and established deadlines.
• Be available to students via email, phone, and/or personal conferences. The method of contact and hours of availability should be clearly communicated to supervisors and to students through the course syllabus each semester.
• Helps students to achieve their educational goals through formal and/or informal advising.
• Responsible for follow-up data of students within the assigned program(s) of instruction such as student completions, graduate job placement and student retention rates ensuring compliance with accrediting agencies and institutional standards.
• Continually monitor follow-up data from student completers, employers and advisory board committees in order to evaluate information for continual quality improvement and program effectiveness.
• Remains current in academic or program discipline, including attending professional conferences, and maintaining licensure, certification, or continuing education requirements where appropriate.
• Receives training or stays current in technological or pedagogical advances that promote student learning.
• Attends and participates at all commencement ceremonies.
• Attends departmental, divisional, and college-wide meetings.
• Participates in college professional development activities.
• Participates in local business and industry activities where appropriate.
• Mentor and/or assist in orienting new faculty either formally or informally.
• Attend local, regional, state, or national meetings where required or necessary for the discipline.
• Adheres to all laws pertaining to disclosure of student records.
• Adheres to all applicable Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) and SOWELA Technical Community College policies.
• Utilizes advisory committee(s) to ensure that desirable, relevant, and current practices of the occupation are being taught.
• Maintains current standard reference books, periodicals, and manuals of a business, professional, technical, and industrial nature to facilitate the educational program objectives.
• Cooperates and collaborates with other agencies to promote technical and community college education.
• Maintains a safe and secure classroom/lab environment conducive to effective learning.
• Ensures all instructional equipment and supplies meet safety standards.
• Requests adequate equipment and supplies in a timely manner to support program instruction.
• Travels to and from locations off campus for instructional purposes as needed for the program.
• Perform other duties as required and/or assigned by supervisor(s).
Required Education: • Associate degree or higher in the program of instruction
Required Experience: A minimum of three years of work experience and/or licensure or certifications in associated field(s
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.